Discuss JTL confused badly??!! in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

jtl provides the training.

ring her back and ask who is incharge of training in your region, then speak to them.

they can then sought it out, when i was at college some didnt start till november

I have tried ringing the training provider for my area he literally never answers the phone goes straight to voicemail, left a message still no answer, this was for at least two days

I have tried ringing the training provider for my area he literally never answers the phone goes straight to voicemail, left a message still no answer, this was for at least two days
ill be straight with you, there is someone similar to an area rep for the training.

you dont have to go to the local college you can go to others through jtl.

send them a txt asking the question if they dont pick up the phone and if that doesnt work ring that women again and tell her about it and ask who is best to speak to

ill be straight with you, there is someone similar to an area rep for the training.

you dont have to go to the local college you can go to others through jtl.

send them a txt asking the question if they dont pick up the phone and if that doesnt work ring that women again and tell her about it and ask who is best to speak to

ill try and ring someone else in jtl tommorow and speak to someone else to sort it out

Hi there,
I am a retired college lecturer and may not be 100% up to date with all the new courses and numbers, but this is how I tried to answer you question from the point of view from City and Guilds on a way through from 2365 to 2357. Firstly there are two routes for 2357, 1 is called 2357-13 which is their electrical installations route, and the other is 2357-23 which is the maintenance route. All the information here was gained from the public area of the City and Guilds Site. go to City & Guilds - vocational education qualifications and apprenticeships. In the "search this site" window type 2357. Go to the tab "Documents" Open the drop down + called 2357 level 3. go to the drop down + called "centre documents" The second document down is the "Accreditation of prior learning document chart" which tell you exactly what you have to study if you are converting from one course to the 2357. Apologies that this is long winded but I could not attach all that information easily. Hope it helps a little. oh and the fourth document down is the complete syllabus handbook.
Kind Regards
JohnC

Hi there,
I am a retired college lecturer and may not be 100% up to date with all the new courses and numbers, but this is how I tried to answer you question from the point of view from City and Guilds on a way through from 2365 to 2357. Firstly there are two routes for 2357, 1 is called 2357-13 which is their electrical installations route, and the other is 2357-23 which is the maintenance route. All the information here was gained from the public area of the City and Guilds Site. go to City & Guilds - vocational education qualifications and apprenticeships. In the "search this site" window type 2357. Go to the tab "Documents" Open the drop down + called 2357 level 3. go to the drop down + called "centre documents" The second document down is the "Accreditation of prior learning document chart" which tell you exactly what you have to study if you are converting from one course to the 2357. Apologies that this is long winded but I could not attach all that information easily. Hope it helps a little. oh and the fourth document down is the complete syllabus handbook.
Kind Regards
JohnC

thanks for that jc as soon as i get home ill check it out on the computer..appreciate your time.

thanks for that jc as soon as i get home ill check it out on the computer..appreciate your time.
some firms e.g. use the same course number but its provided by eal rather than city and guilds.

i didn't read into it very far but it seems the portfolio is more involved in the eal portfolio if i remember right.

it was a pain in the arse getting some bits for example 7/9 cable types on there list.

pyro and fibre were on there so that makes it very hard for some firms to provide

some firms e.g. use the same course number but its provided by eal rather than city and guilds.

i didn't read into it very far but it seems the portfolio is more involved in the eal portfolio if i remember right.

it was a pain in the arse getting some bits for example 7/9 cable types on there list.

pyro and fibre were on there so that makes it very hard for some firms to provide

Shanky now theres another problem...when you got onto your apprenticeship what stage did they put you as stage 1?...they put me as stage 1 and so 4 years to do??!

Shanky now theres another problem...when you got onto your apprenticeship what stage did they put you as stage 1?...they put me as stage 1 and so 4 years to do??!
i did an advanced apprentaship and till i qualified i was paid less than aa stage2 adult (i started apprenticeship at 18)

payday today so when money goes in im handing my notice in

nope i didnt finish college till 2012 and started after so less than 3 years from start to finish.

the tech certs dont help you with the practical and designing on site though

so what i did at college was basically a waste of time cause now im starting at stage 1 and pretty much repeating all the crap what i did in level 1 and 2 very annoying

so what i did at college was basically a waste of time cause now im starting at stage 1 and pretty much repeating all the crap what i did in level 1 and 2 very annoying
thats not good, ill be honest i did 2330 level2 and i only had to sit an enviromental unit as the 2330 i originally did didnt have anything about solar or geoundsource heatpumps etc in it.

the only tests ive done in the last 5 years are

2330 lvl2
2330 lvl3
environmental unit (20 questions so out in less than 20mins)
functional skills (waste of time)
am2

Last edited:
thats not good, ill be honest i did 2330 level2 and i only had to sit an enviromental unit as the 2330 i originally did didnt have anything about solar or geoundsource heatpumps etc in it.

the only tests ive done in the last 5 years are

2330 lvl2
2330 lvl3
environmental unit (20 questions so out in less than 20mins)
functional skills (waste of time)
am2

wait so in your apprenticeship you wernt put on the stages but instead continued on your 2330 level 3 then the bridging unit and nvq...what they have done with me is put me on the 2357 stage 1 now completely disregarding my level 2 2365

wait so in your apprenticeship you wernt put on the stages but instead continued on your 2330 level 3 then the bridging unit and nvq...what they have done with me is put me on the 2357 stage 1 now completely disregarding my level 2 2365
have a chat with them about it, someone has mucked up. my tech certs were put down as prior learning and did the bridging unit.

the stupied woman at the jtl centre was trying to tell me i was there on the wrong day for the workshop/college i had to put her straight that i was just there for the am2

Reply to JTL confused badly??!! in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net