Discuss JTL confused badly??!! in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

there talking bull.

the 2365 is the tech cert same as the 2357 diploma course.

the 2357 is basically 2330/2365 tech cert+2356(2357 now) nvq

you need the nvq now to be recognised as an electrician by the jib

What a mess that all sounds lol. Why they don't just keep things simple i'll never know. Why change the course names ... yes knew stuff comes out, things become obsolete ect... but just add them and remove them to the existing framework without the need for all this carp. We've all got the same goal, becoming an approved electrician so just keep things simple dammit.

Hi

I have seen this before with JTL and the only real reason they do not recognise the 2365 level 2 as Prior Learning is because of funding, it’s a load of crap. Basically if they can get a student to do the full 2357 they get something in the range of £18,000 from the government minus what they pay the college which is normally a few grand, but if they get a student like yourself who has already done ¼ of the course then they won’t get that full amount.
Have a look at the link below and this comes straight from City and Guilds and tells what you can map over from the 2330 or 2365 qualifications if you decide to do the 2357 qualification. In your case as you will read you do not need to re-do unit 301, 304, and 305 (or also known as units 601, 604, 605).

Take this document to your JTL and if you have any control over where you can do your Apprenticeship then threaten to get it straight from a local college rather than JTL.

http://cdn.cityandguilds.com/ProductDocuments/Building_Services_Industry/Electrical_Installation/2357/2357_Level_3/Centre_documents/2357_APL_matrix_v6.pdf
I’m clued up on this sort of stuff as I run a training centre and have to deal with mapping over qualifications like this.

Good luck

Neil

that is really so useful really appreciate your time mate. I luckily managed to get in contact with the head of electrical department he put me on stage 2 instead of 1 and persuaded jtl. thats so wrong mate i mean the guy at jtl lied in my face saying your qualification is pretty much useless

Reply to JTL confused badly??!! in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net