Discuss JTL confused badly??!! in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

wait so in your apprenticeship you wernt put on the stages but instead continued on your 2330 level 3 then the bridging unit and nvq...what they have done with me is put me on the 2357 stage 1 now completely disregarding my level 2 2365

Im somewhat out of touch with the educational system these days (thank god to be fair) but that surely can't be right?

I have no idea, but surely repeating what you've already done because they've changed the course name is complete bull ? That's not fair, i'd get in touch with c+g and find out from them direct. Have you had to pay for this course? maybe the college are trying to extract more cash from you?

If that is legitimate though, and you have to start again from scratch - that's extremely harsh. Im sure i'd read on here about lads doing bridging units ect..

have a chat with them about it, someone has mucked up. my tech certs were put down as prior learning and did the bridging unit.

the stupied woman at the jtl centre was trying to tell me i was there on the wrong day for the workshop/college i had to put her straight that i was just there for the am2

the jtl guy told me today that you need to have the level 3 2365 in order to do the brideging unit...is that true.. did u have to do the 2330 level 3 first then the brideging unit

Im somewhat out of touch with the educational system these days (thank god to be fair) but that surely can't be right?

I have no idea, but surely repeating what you've already done because they've changed the course name is complete bull ? That's not fair, i'd get in touch with c+g and find out from them direct. Have you had to pay for this course? maybe the college are trying to extract more cash from you?

If that is legitimate though, and you have to start again from scratch - that's extremely harsh. Im sure i'd read on here about lads doing bridging units ect..
the problem is you cant choose to do the bridging course its what they put you on. thankfully i have had all my training paid for (by gov then jtl)

the thing in sure his course is acceptable as prior learning

they are really ****ing me off at the moment...none of them see to even know about the courses or anything or offer any solutions...

this is how it goes as a refresher for you

2357 is the apprenticehsip way to become an electrician and is in 4 stages 3 years college and 1 year nvq building if not completed quicker
2365 is the non apprenticehsip way to become an electrician...old course number was 2330

now iv done 2365 level 2 and they have put me on a stage 1 2357. and when i asked they said 2365 isnt really that good and is just for people not employed in the industry..im not paying at the moment cause im 18...already done level 1 and 2 while working as a mate.

really confused now..ill definity give c and g a ring tommorow...also ill see if instead i can continue on the level 3 2365 and then do the bridgeing unit to the 2357 nvq

the jtl guy told me today that you need to have the level 3 2365 in order to do the brideging unit...is that true.. did u have to do the 2330 level 3 first then the brideging unit
you shouldnt need the bridging unit as the 2365 covers enviromental? the 2330 didnt and the briding unit is just on enviromental things like grey water, pv etc

they are really ****ing me off at the moment...none of them see to even know about the courses or anything or offer any solutions...

this is how it goes as a refresher for you

2357 is the apprenticehsip way to become an electrician and is in 4 stages 3 years college and 1 year nvq building if not completed quicker
2365 is the non apprenticehsip way to become an electrician...old course number was 2330

now iv done 2365 level 2 and they have put me on a stage 1 2357. and when i asked they said 2365 isnt really that good and is just for people not employed in the industry..im not paying at the moment cause im 18...already done level 1 and 2 while working as a mate.

really confused now..ill definity give c and g a ring tommorow...also ill see if instead i can continue on the level 3 2365 and then do the bridgeing unit to the 2357 nvq
there talking bull.

the 2365 is the tech cert same as the 2357 diploma course.

the 2357 is basically 2330/2365 tech cert+2356(2357 now) nvq

you need the nvq now to be recognised as an electrician by the jib

there talking bull.

the 2365 is the tech cert same as the 2357 diploma course.

the 2357 is basically 2330/2365 tech cert+2356(2357 now) nvq

you need the nvq now to be recognised as an electrician by the jib

this is why i am so damn confused. it seems as if jtl are just looking out for whats favourable for them and my time wasted is nothing for them......i would stil need to do the 2365 level 3 first then i can do the nvq and be jib recognised..right?

this is why i am so damn confused. it seems as if jtl are just looking out for whats favourable for them and my time wasted is nothing for them......i would stil need to do the 2365 level 3 first then i can do the nvq and be jib recognised..right?
i think its your assessor as i did mine through jtl, peter bunting was my training officer btw

i think its your assessor as i did mine through jtl, peter bunting

i have a feeling to...my training officer is alan perring...never ever ever ever answers his phone....anyway shanky appreciate your time...lets hope i can get this sorted...4 years extra of my life depends on it
ah ive heard of him, sent some guys to do there am2 the same time as me and they didn't get any prep material or anything before they went to the test.

i felt sorry for them and gave them my handouts (i found it easy and didnt need them)

thats already saying something then...he literally doesnt answer his phone anytime of the day
i went to an am2 prep day, i was the only one there, some of the assesors dont seem to put much effort in.

anyway i had a lot of handouts from a few months previous and knew exactly what i needed to do. (i do boilers and controls at work with poor info so it was relatively easy)

Reply to JTL confused badly??!! in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net