Discuss Late to the party. Fusebox DB’s in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

littlespark

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
My local wholesalers have only recently stocked fusebox, so not had a chance to try them out with lockdown and whatever.
I fitted a garage board not long ago to supply a hot tub, and used fusebox to match the main db, but today was my first swap out.

Conditions couldn’t have been better. Not too high that I needed steps, and not too low that I had to lie on the ground.. eye level.
Everything came in from behind, tails came from outside meter box with service isolator. Even better, no need to summon a seal fairy.
1BD1E416-7922-472B-A475-632D7317DCDC.jpeg

Old MEM with the push button circuit breakers. The old switch fuse above is for non existent storage heaters, but is staying as its tails are still connected to teleswitch. No fuses fitted.

C76DA69A-177E-42B6-BFDB-88F62BFB3E75.jpeg

New board up. All RCBO on 6 circuits. There is a new shower circuit going in soon, so I’ve left blanks between the breakers and mainswitch to slot another RCBO in.

E7CC96FB-9A07-452E-8928-E19719A0E1ED.jpeg

Not my tidiest work… but I like that the board comes with ample space above RCBOs, and clamps for the tails.
Has a slight lean, but not as bad as some brands.

88E90D27-0150-4D4B-BCAE-06076BAF4710.jpeg

Just needs stickered up now.

Attachments

• 1DAC253D-4B55-446C-9518-20E14D74C722.jpeg
    397.8 KB · Views: 23
Is it just me or at first quick glance it looks like MK with that MK lean
I did mention the lean earlier… but not as bad as mk. They move when tightening the RCBO top terminals.. too much leverage against the din rail. And that’s using a torque driver… (no impact for me!)

Could manufactures not have a guide built into the box, like the bracket for the cable clamp, that would sit against the rightmost module.
I suppose if you fill the board with blanks, you could have one on left side as well.

Copyright Littlespark. I’ve called it!

Do you have any bother with the grommet strip for the rear openings?
The little tabs closed up when trying to get round the corner, didn’t slip over properly. Kept poking at it with a thin screwdriver to get it to open up enough.
Not really noticed to be honest. I think I usually put them on from the back with the box gutted.
I like that the knock outs actually knock out!

Not a criticism here but what I don't get is that you have installed an enclosure which is compliant to current Regulations yet the rear entry is of such a size that conductors are exposed to a combustible surface.

Not a criticism here but what I don't get is that you have installed an enclosure which is compliant to current Regulations yet the rear entry is of such a size that conductors are exposed to a combustible surface.
yeah... its wood. not plasterboard.

I'll stuff it with intumescent materials when i go back to do the shower.😁

I like em a lot, price to quality is hard to beat, and as per @timhoward if you spend the extra for the mini rcbos there’s ample room 😁 still can’t get the stuff over the shelf down here yet though 😩
I agree mate, it’s proper annoying we can’t get them locally. If TLC stocked them it would be gold standard. Although I quite like those Contactum defender 2 they sell, fitted a few of them now and they’re well put together.

I agree mate, it’s proper annoying we can’t get them locally. If TLC stocked them it would be gold standard. Although I quite like those Contactum defender 2 they sell, fitted a few of them now and they’re well put together.
Not trying to upset you but Links stock them in Shrewsbury and even Oswestry ;-) You shouldn’t have moved down to the promised land….!

Not trying to upset you but Links stock them in Shrewsbury and even Oswestry ;-) You shouldn’t have moved down to the promised land….!

Right, that’s it, I’m selling up and moving back to Ironbridge. 😄

For the circut breakers sitting a little squint, I usualy fit all my rcbos and blanks, use a clamp to hold them together at the top then do the bus bar. That will help and only takes an extra minute

Reply to Late to the party. Fusebox DB’s in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net