Discuss Muppets on site in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Nothing much better to do today, so I thought I would ask the Forum Members to try and recount if they have ever had to work with a complete Rectal Orifice (RO)? I fell foul of one on my first trip overseas, and I was in my late thirties,so it wasn't case of get the boy, more get the newcomer, or trip virgin.

There was me the two installation guys one of which the the RO who seemed to take a delight of picking on someone who didn't know the ropes as far as working in an Embassy overseas, anyway his mate a nice but lad but a bit of a (I had better go along just in case) type. I happened to be in the courtyard unpacking when splosh, I get water bombed from the roof, not to bad you may say, you were a grown man and all that goes with it. Trouble was this idiot wouldn't let go and kept on harping about how he got the Sparks all wet, well I bided my time and during a dinner break, afew days later I had, had enough so matey goes to the bog, I crept out to the toilets found out which cubicle he was in an checked a teapot full of dregs over him, needless to say he didn't mess with Pete again, I worked with this guy for about 20 years, and he was a prat all the time I knew him, not much of a story, I'm sure there are some better ones out there, so get typing.

We had one guy that worked for another contractor strangely enough in an overseas Embassy who was a complete RO. He was always filling our kit up with expanding foam or hilti nailing tool boxes to the floor slab and generally being an annoying fool. Our get back was getting the plumber to rig up the emergency shower in a post room so that when the drop handle was pulled it fell off (We knew that's where he would be working). Then a fine nylon line was attached to the handle and a lump of 4x2 made ready to secure the door. Once he was in the line was pulled and the handle landed on the floor. The door was then secured with the timber and this bloke received the worst drenching of his life. We also got him one day by modifying the chair he used at break and lunch. It was one of the type used in schools with the hollow metal legs. We cut out a nice little segment out of the 2 back legs and as soon as he sat on it hey presto he landed in a heap in the middle of the floor. Revenge is sweet :)

There was one old labourer on a site I was wiring years ago who was incredibly precious about his buckets to the point of obsession. At the end of the day they'd be scrubbed until you could eat your dinner out of them.The process invariably took a long time and usually resulted in a late lockup and everyone itching to get away.
One day he had to leave early for the dentist,after the inevitable scrubbing of the buckets. As soon as he left I cut a circle of plasterboard that just fitted into the top of each bucket and then applied a thin layer of pug making it look like the buckets were full! Next morning there was merry hell to pay and he chased anyone he thought might be the culprit around with a spade,that was until he actually picked up one of the buckets....felt it's weight and realised he'd been had. Bless his heart he had a laugh about it and I did notice he was a little less precious over those buckets after that.

Sorry to be the party pooper, but offing around with other people (me) with not very amusing high jinks seriously gets on my nipples.

On one site I was on, someone nicked my bag of lemon sherberts (of which I would always offer one), then left one on the lunch table every lunchtime. Same site - tool box chained to scaffolding and filled with nuts and bolts, also drill and screwdrivers all taped together.

Now, one might say I got off lightly. BUT, I was just there as an agency guy, doing a job not slacking, and I just have to ask the question - why. WHY? What am I doing to you??

Leave me alone to do my job you brainless muppets!

On one site I was on, someone nicked my bag of lemon sherberts (of which I would always offer one), then left one on the lunch table every lunchtime

What a generous kind type of prankster to attract,I like the guys style
icon14.png
icon10.png

Something like that has got to be appreciated, even if it was myself on the receiving end, I would be laughing as much as the next guy
Work can sometimes be so brain numbing that the odd joke or harmless prank is often the only way to put smiles on faces

One plasterer seemed to follow me around for weeks from job to job, he used t delight in filling up my boxes with his filth. On one job we were both there at the same time so I asked him if he'd clean the boxes out, he laughed at me.
So he had plastered a wall one day and went off for his dinner. I dragged my fingers all over his newly plastered wall, it looked like artex by the time I'd finished. Predictably he went off the deep end when he got back to site.
After an abrupt explanation and a few choice words he realised the error of his ways and never again filled a box with his filth

Working in a factory with an aprentice and every day the production operatives pinched the tea spoons (they took them home???)
So as an exercise i got the aprentice to make one out of stainless steel plate.
Took him ages but he did an excelent job and was proud of it showing it to everyone. Well some of the girls kidnapped it and put it up for ransom photos apeared of it in nightclubs saying having a good time even pictures from amsterdam etc he never paid up (asked for chocolate) and could not see the funny side so they returned it. He promptly took it home.
His dad found it in the drawer and said what the **** is this? last time I saw him he still had it some 6 years later!

One plasterer seemed to follow me around for weeks from job to job, he used t delight in filling up my boxes with his filth. On one job we were both there at the same time so I asked him if he'd clean the boxes out, he laughed at me.
So he had plastered a wall one day and went off for his dinner. I dragged my fingers all over his newly plastered wall, it looked like artex by the time I'd finished. Predictably he went off the deep end when he got back to site.
After an abrupt explanation and a few choice words he realised the error of his ways and never again filled a box with his filth

...If this is true,i trust operation "Yewtree" has caught up with this monster...:icon12:

Site cabin ... 16 year old plumbing apprentice ... locked him in.

He was banging on the window, making a right carry on thinking we were going to leave him there all night - it was a yale lock lol.

I was forewarned about two chippie pranksters before I went on site." If they pick on me" I thought "revenge will be swift and merciless"
1st Floor. Floorboards up. Ceiling under boarded.
Holes drilled in joists from A to B for leg of ring.
2.5 twin installed from A to B.
"Can I borrow your cutters sparks?" says chippie
"Sure" says I
He goes to the middle of my run and cuts cable clean in half.
Revenge swift and merciless.
It was while I was reducing his newly installed door frame to matchwood with my hammer, I heard him say to my mate "can't he take a joke?"
I suddenly realised I may have been a bit hasty with may actions.
Looking at the cut cable, the chippie had pushed my cable down to the exposed ceiling, and covered over with crap so it was hidden, and inserted a dummy piece of 2.5 twin between the two joists, and this is what he had cut.
They left me alone after this incident

Worked on an office fit out, from shell to mezanine floored magnolia blandness. Anyway after weeks of trying our hardest to gel with the plasterboard monkeys, writing on block work where our cables needed to come out roughly, writing the exact purpose of each cable, only to come back after a few days and find that they had not only ignored pulling any of our cables out but also pulled them back several meters, to random heights behind the tins we started to lose our cool but still tried to work with them. One day we got their leader and one of the other lads who was always there, showed them exactly where and what we needed but all they really had to was either leave the cables where they were or if they had the time, just pull them out anywhere on the wall, we would rod them to the right place.

Well we came back a day or two later to find that not only had they not pulled them out but once again, they had mangled the cables to completely random places in the wall, including breaking the P clips on some of them to move them back so far. Patience lost, we went from only cutting our box templates in the correct place and wasting 30 minutes trying to find then move the cables so as not to cause more tension, to creating a patch work quilt of their wall. Never happened again after that.

http://i.Upload the image directly to the thread.com/f7YLW1f.jpg

http://i.Upload the image directly to the thread.com/UFTjT8E.jpg

Worked on an office fit out, from shell to mezanine floored magnolia blandness. Anyway after weeks of trying our hardest to gel with the plasterboard monkeys, writing on block work where our cables needed to come out roughly, writing the exact purpose of each cable, only to come back after a few days and find that they had not only ignored pulling any of our cables out but also pulled them back several meters, to random heights behind the tins we started to lose our cool but still tried to work with them. One day we got their leader and one of the other lads who was always there, showed them exactly where and what we needed but all they really had to was either leave the cables where they were or if they had the time, just pull them out anywhere on the wall, we would rod them to the right place.

Well we came back a day or two later to find that not only had they not pulled them out but once again, they had mangled the cables to completely random places in the wall, including breaking the P clips on some of them to move them back so far. Patience lost, we went from only cutting our box templates in the correct place and wasting 30 minutes trying to find then move the cables so as not to cause more tension, to creating a patch work quilt of their wall. Never happened again after that.

http://i.Upload the image directly to the thread.com/f7YLW1f.jpg

http://i.Upload the image directly to the thread.com/UFTjT8E.jpg

Good lad! Lol

Reply to Muppets on site in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net