Discuss My Account seems to have been altered can Staff member enlighten me? in the Need help with ElectriciansForums.net? area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Can you elaborate a bit, Pete.

All the Mentor banners have been removed. The only banners showing are Arms, Trainee Electrician and Respected Member.

I'll explain a bit more once I've completed all the permissions which were all over the place. A combination of upgrading forums loads of times from one software type to another, and lots of people I hadn't shown how to actually do it, giving it a bash themselves. Bless.

I'm still messing with them all I'll do a thread once I'm done.

Those in the trainee forum though need to check the thread in there. Whether an actual trainee, or somebody who's providing support to the trainees.

What I thought was what the mentor tag was for, but that didn't seem to have the permissions applied to anything in particular. So not sure why that was made. I think it was meant for that. But was never fully setup.

Anyway, I digress. Hang in there I'll say what tags are around now and what they do a bit later.

Thanks for your patience. :)

I'll explain a bit more once I've completed all the permissions which were all over the place. A combination of upgrading forums loads of times from one software type to another, and lots of people I hadn't shown how to actually do it, giving it a bash themselves. Bless.

I'm still messing with them all I'll do a thread once I'm done.

Those in the trainee forum though need to check the thread in there. Whether an actual trainee, or somebody who's providing support to the trainees.

What I thought was what the mentor tag was for, but that didn't seem to have the permissions applied to anything in particular. So not sure why that was made. I think it was meant for that. But was never fully setup.

Anyway, I digress. Hang in there I'll say what tags are around now and what they do a bit later.

Thanks for your patience. :)
Thanks Dan explained that nicely cheers

@Lou is going through the accounts now. And having to manually adjust hundreds one by one. So might take a while.

Basically, whoever has Arms access AND Trainee access, doesn't need the Trainee tag. So removing the tag one by one is the way to go. But then I've made a new matching group that doesn't have any tag to add you guys to.

Might take a couple of days to get right. We might find some other weird permission setting issues. I've just had to apply all of @westward10 's mod rights too because those were applied weird. Then spotted half the other mods didn't have the right mod tools either so went through those one by one.

So just hang in there peeps. We're on it. :D

What seems to be the problem Pete?
My Account seems to have been altered can  Staff member enlighten me? 1567016146541 - EletriciansForums.net
he needs one of those .lol.
[automerge]1567016287[/automerge]
Pete it in the post.

@Lou is going through the accounts now. And having to manually adjust hundreds one by one. So might take a while.

Basically, whoever has Arms access AND Trainee access, doesn't need the Trainee tag. So removing the tag one by one is the way to go. But then I've made a new matching group that doesn't have any tag to add you guys to.

Might take a couple of days to get right. We might find some other weird permission setting issues. I've just had to apply all of @westward10 's mod rights too because those were applied weird. Then spotted half the other mods didn't have the right mod tools either so went through those one by one.

So just hang in there peeps. We're on it. :D
OK Dan, LOU stop slacking and get on with it.:D:D:D:D:imp::imp:
[automerge]1567018705[/automerge]
OK Dan, LOU stop slacking and get on with it.:D:D:D:D:imp::imp:
No you two you're supposed to give me a Like
[automerge]1567020335[/automerge]

Last edited:

Reply to My Account seems to have been altered can Staff member enlighten me? in the Need help with ElectriciansForums.net? area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock