Discuss Newbie in Solar PV - Site survey for domestic market in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

G1968

Hi

Can anyone help? We are considering entering into domestic solar pv and was wondering how people approach the survey side of things?

My partner is a qualified Electrician (he is totally hates computers) and I am dealing with customers and survey side. When it comes to site survey of a property what is the best way to judge how many panels can go on a property? (South, Southeast, Southwest) At this stage it will only be pre-survey, if it goes to actual installation it would be a more technician survey.

For example roof structures with Different angles can present a problem? gaging roof dimensions correctly and then making shade / obstruction assessments with regard to the Sun?

Are there specific tools used in the industry that might help? Any thing we can do get more confident at the survey stage

Sorry this question seem over simplistic but before we pay out loads to training providers , we really wanted to check this out first before going any further in the industry. The goal is to be confident in advising a customer the right number of panels and right size system?

Thanks in advance

Oh dear - I think you'll find if you do a tiny bit of research that many very experienced installers are leaving the industry after the last Fit cut because they can't make the figures stack up for the customer. So unless you've got some serious cash behind you and other very experienced installers who can help you out looking for and installing viable commercial sites I'd steer well clear and use your money for something else.

The training costs are the tip of the iceberg and at the minute - you're highly unlikely to see any return on your investment.

Reply to Newbie in Solar PV - Site survey for domestic market in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net