Discuss PIR Sensors in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

john.bradgate

Evening all. Thanks to Grifin for his earlier advice regarding my current Auto lighting project. My client is now adamant that all internal lightng within the Module is automatically controlled by PIR Sensors because the system "works so well in his new office". Maybe that has something to do with the fact that his office doesn't contain Switchgear, UPS SystemS and Battery Racks at 2.5m high stood in the middle of his floor and there are constantly people walking around during office hours. Anyway to my question! He has mentioned the fact that somewhere or other ( probably in his head ) he has been told of a PIR Sensor with a time setting up to 4 hours. The most I have found so far is 30 minutes, and two wholesalers I have spoken to have not been able to improve on 30 mins.Just wondered if anyone out there has ever come across such a PIR??

I dont think this is a PIR that they are talking about ,BUT a "Time Delay Relay" that the PIR is switching have come across one from EATON Electric which will delay upto 100 hours.Hope this helps and product code is TRL04 .

Elkays do 2 hrs and so do their Microwave Sensors 380A-1. I have used both with no problems.

TBH though why would you have an energy saving device on for that long anyway. Are you aware it is on for 2 hrs after last detection??

:)

Elkays do 2 hrs and so do their Microwave Sensors 380A-1. I have used both with no problems.

TBH though why would you have an energy saving device on for that long anyway. Are you aware it is on for 2 hrs after last detection??

:)

I think either he has the answers he needs or the guy has changed his spec on this one.. 2009 bud

I think either he has the answers he needs or the guy has changed his spec on this one.. 2009 bud

Well Bud the fact I can read the post in 2013 and still answer means you clearly do not understand the value of search engines. They are not bound by time and other people read them for years afterwards.....bud

Clearly I should have realised in your original post you are a thick T.W.*. T
And you sir are obviously not clever enough to realise when a member is giving you a friendly pointer to something. Your reply proves your wish to not make much of a contribution to forum life, enjoy the rest of your stay amongst us I have a feeling it will not be very long.

And you sir are obviously not clever enough to realise when a member is giving you a friendly pointer to something. Your reply proves your wish to not make much of a contribution to forum life, enjoy the rest of your stay amongst us I have a feeling it will not be very long.

Boring me now

Reply to PIR Sensors in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net