Search the forum,

Discuss Please help!!!!!!! Trainee in distress! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi I will look into that book thank you I'm pretty confident in ohms law formulas pd and such it's more the complicated ones I'm stuck on and the transposing of them there are so many to remember

Ok I think I have an idea what Autism is. So first I want to say that everyone who does these calculations except for the savants, have the same difficulty as you. Have you not noticed how your classmates are dealing with the same thing? One of my classmates had a very bad time getting to grips with them. I think the thing is people try to understand straight away, rather than remember these things. First listen to what you are told and try to remember it. It is fatal to try to understand it straight away. Having begun to remember it do worked examples. I highly recommend the book Andrew Butler's Basic Electrical Formulae as you become more familiar with what is an alien concept you will begin to understand what you are doing.

Hi,i would hang fire,on the electrical calculation books,until the formulae and transposing,is squared.

If not,you will be trying to do two things at once,which is always harder.
Start with simple trig,such as Pythagoras theorem,calculate backwards from two known values,and it will all look easy,choose a 3 - 4 - 5 triangle,and add more complication,as you go on.

It's gold-rush time,at the moment,for tutoring entrance exams,and the book shops have a good selection of publications.

We all have our strong and weak areas. My mum has a double first,and then a Masters distinction,in English Language and Literature,but she cannot tell me what a square root is.

Nor does she care:p

Use the force,Luke,use the force :)

My solution finding different things in books.
IMG_3749.JPG

Looks like you've stolen my Big Yellow Book there Vortigern. Except yours is neater.

OP: Is the rest of the class struggling, if tutor is rushing into things?
There should be assistance for anyone with a learning issue, be it Autism or Dyslexia... Understanding the sense of the question is half the battle.
Good luck to you

6 x 2 = 4 x 3 how would you make 3 the subject? That is what your tutor is asking( only he wants c, it's the same though).Every time you move across the = you change the sign e.g if it is multiplied on the right it will be divide sign on the left . 6=a, 2 =b, 4=d, 3= c. Try that.

6 x 2 = 4 x 3 how would you make 3 the subject? That is what your tutor is asking( only he wants c, it's the same though).Every time you move across the = you change the sign e.g if it is multiplied on the right it will be divide sign on the left . 6=a, 2 =b, 4=d, 3= c. Try that.
the simple explanation in that example is that to get 3 on it's own, you divide the right hand side by 4. therefore you need to also divide the left hand side by 4 to maintain "="

the simple explanation in that example is that to get 3 on it's own, you divide the right hand side by 4. therefore you need to also divide the left hand side by 4 to maintain "="
Fair point. I find some trainees find it hard to understand dividing both sides. I find giving the numbers instead of letters and playing about with them helps it click. Whichever way works best, as long as they gets it

i learnt the old school way. get it wrong and a half brick sized board rubber would whistle past or ( if you weren't paying attention and ducking) into the side of your head.

i learnt the old school way. get it wrong and a half brick sized board rubber would whistle past or ( if you weren't paying attention and ducking) into the side of your head.
The best way! Although you would have plenty of time to duck these days. The tutor would have to fill out a risk assessment, method statement, and get email confirmation from the HSE before chucking the rubber!:)

The best way! Although you would have plenty of time to duck these days. The tutor would have to fill out a risk assessment, method statement, and get email confirmation from the HSE before chucking the rubber!:)
and await a visit by Plod with handcuffs.

remember my son's teacher telling me that my son spelt atrociously.
i said, he's doing well then. that's a hard word to spell.

Reply to Please help!!!!!!! Trainee in distress! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock