Discuss Protecting Meter Tails. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

risk88

Hi all,

I'm a quite a new tester and still gaining knowledge and experience in the area from my work-mates, but I have a question they struggled to answer and agree on, or provide information in the form of relevant regulations.

The question been:

We have a few 200A supplies at work in various different areas, these are BS88 200A fuses in the cut out, which then go into the meter, out the meter with approx 1m tails to a fused main switch. Now, we get a messured Ze at the main switch of 0.32 (TNC-S) supply (at one of the sites), would this in theory be the Zs of the tails meaning that the cut-out fuses would not disconnect in 5s inthe event of a fault? Would this lead to a failed 7671?

Is there any information relating to the matter which states that if the tails are under a certain length and they have appropriate current carrying characteristics this is acceptable due to the nature of the supply? With the DNO been able to provide upto 0.35ohm.

The main switch will disconnect, it's just the protection of the 1m meter to main switch tails I'm a bit confused about.

The DNO's and Circuits are in a stainless steel road side cabinet.

I hope this makes sense, I know I've rambled a bit.

Reply to Protecting Meter Tails. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, Customer has an extension and this compromises existing meter position, DNO is extending incomer and putting meter box on a different...
Replies
Views
I'm practising EICRs on friendly locations as I'm still in training - technically done my 2391-52 but frankly need loads more practise. I've just...
Replies
Views
Hi, I was hoping someone with a little more insight might be able to shed some light on a potential issue I have, as I can't seem to find another...
Replies
Views
Quick question. I want to put an isolating 2p switch on my incoming supply from the meter to the board. I want this to allow easier board changes...
Replies
Views
Good morning all, I am currently working on a House in Multiple Occupation (HMO) consisting of 10 flats, with three parking spots equipped with...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock