Discuss RCD FCU For whirlpool bath and underfloor heating in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

PAD66

-
Reaction score
Hi All
Been asked to price for a bathroom conversion, bathroom being moved upstairs. No RCD protection on the CPU, bonding OK. Have discussed CPU upgrade, but not able to afford at present. Need to provide a supply for underfloor heating and a whirlpool bath. My plan is install a RCD FCU in the airing cupboard, what I,m not sure about is weather I need two or can I run both off one RCD and then install two switched FCU for the heating and the bath.

Regards

Paul.

Check your other loading on the ring is not too high and you should be OK.
Remember that if you want to have two items as a single spur then you must fuse the spur down to 13A before splitting off as you are only allowed a single item on an unfused spur.
If you were to have the RCD fused spur then you could just have DP switches for controlling the loads unless you were trying to get discrimination between the loads (not really possible at those loadings)
Generally not recommended, but not prohibited, to take two single spurs off one socket, though a bit tight (to say the least) for fitting 4 x 2.5mm cables into one outlet!
Taking it through a 30mA RCD would be mandatory at some point in the circuit.

Hi All
Been asked to price for a bathroom conversion, bathroom being moved upstairs. No RCD protection on the CPU, bonding OK. Have discussed CPU upgrade, but not able to afford at present. Need to provide a supply for underfloor heating and a whirlpool bath. My plan is install a RCD FCU in the airing cupboard, what I,m not sure about is weather I need two or can I run both off one RCD and then install two switched FCU for the heating and the bath.

Regards

Paul.

Remember that unless ALL circuits within the bathroom are RCD'd you will also probably need to allow for supplementary bonding

Reply to RCD FCU For whirlpool bath and underfloor heating in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net