Discuss Recommend a fast track C&G 2365 Training Provider in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a training provider to get C&G Level 2 and Level 3 2365 Qualifications in South-East London/ Kent area? Ideally looking for a provider that can do the course full time in the space of 16 weeks~.
I've seen the likes of AbleSkills who offer this course, but are currently fully booked until August; would look to start in the next month or 2.
Any feedback would be appreciated!

The only way to become an Electrician (proper) is by being an apprentice and working ^Full time^ with highly skilled fully qualified JIB carded Electricians and doing either a day a week at college or block release at college.

** or doing Electrical installation tech certificates in the evenings at college. Or a day a week at college but it would not be easy finding an employer working as a subcontractor willing to have you work on a site 4 days a week.

90% possibly higher.. of what you will learn is on site working with highly skilled JIB electricians.

Impossible to learn fast track

It's like having a ship without a navigator or captain or helmsman with highly detailed nautical maps and trying to navigate your way through the northwest passage and not hitting something and not killing the crew or yourself.

** I've had alot of coffee.

Could try TradeSkills4U. Don't know if they are still there but they used to have two of the writers of the city and guilds textbooks working as tutors at the Crawley branch. Obviously not as good as an apprenticeship but you probably already know that and others already beating that drum.

I re trained when I left the forces, I got all qualifications via fast track.
I then started working as a mate for a spark doing supply’s for stairlifts and other domestic lifting equipment been at it 7 years now. working for lift company’s for a couple years now as a sparky.

Can anyone recommend a training provider to get C&G Level 2 and Level 3 2365 Qualifications in South-East London/ Kent area? Ideally looking for a provider that can do the course full time in the space of 16 weeks~.
I've seen the likes of AbleSkills who offer this course, but are currently fully booked until August; would look to start in the next month or 2.
Any feedback would be appreciated!

You've asked a question on a very touchy subject in this industry. The answer is, can you actually hold a cert in your hands after 6 weeks or whatever it is that says your an electrican? yes you can because there are courses out there like you've mentioned that offer it but is it the right way?? This is the issue! No electrician is going to tell you to go for it because they have all gone through years of apprenticeship and training on site etc and do not want 'boil in the bag' sparks to muscle in on their work and more importantly the lack of experience will see you balls deep in s**t quickly!

If you're going to go for the quick route id suggest getting a job with someone asap and explaining what your doing and see if they will take you on. if you're good and a quick learner then you'll do ok.

whatever you do don't join electrician facebook groups or talk about quick courses on here much or you'll be made to feel like crap as people will just knock you down!

K

All that the training will do is to enable you to complete the theory/practical elements of a number of training courses. Like any job of work, training requires experience to make it meaningful.

Reply to Recommend a fast track C&G 2365 Training Provider in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net