Search the forum,

Discuss Ryobi One+ Power tools? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

What work are you doing that needs an impact driver? I have one, but it's not frequently used, whereas the combi is an everyday tool.

If you're short of cash, I'd get a good quality combi and leave the impact driver to later. And decide on which manufacturer's range suits you best, and stick to it. Then additional tools can be bought body-only once you have enough batteries and chargers.
if your doing panels etc then its handy to drive in 2" screws all day

What does everyone one think of this deal from Toolstation? I have read this thread and it has not really helped me decide on choosing a new brand as I'm looking to upgrade from a similar Ryobi Kit.

Milwaukee M18BPP2C-402C Compact Twinpack

Click on image to zoom
Click here for full description

Catalogue p 1
Stock availability
Code For delivery
35807Milwaukee M18BPP2C-402C Compact Twinpack 18V 10 Each
£259.97
£216.64 ex.
+
-

Remove

the makita dlx2005x1 is a lot better.

to be honest look at 70+ torque in a drill.

if you want to spend less, get a better drill with 2 batteries then later get aa body only inpact driver and battery.

(you want a spare battery)

i'll give you my opinion.

back as an apprentice, i bought a ryobi kit, combi drill, 90 drill and 2x 1.3ah ni-cads £100 quid.
at the time i thought 'cheap and when it breaks i'll buy better'

that was 9 years ago, granted i've killed 2 or 3 combi drills from scaffold drops and abuse but that 90 drill still augers joists all day.

here's my opinion on the one+ gear i have now.

combi drill - cheap and replaced every 3 years when a battery deal is on. 1st one fwd/rev switch died , 2nd one
looking at the new brushless to
impact driver -

I use Ryobi one drills all the time, for about 3 years now.. good value and li-on batteries last ages. I replaced a ryobi combi drill this year as it was getting a bit rattly but still worked. That did me for about 5 years.
It'll be the really heavy duty drilling lots of big holes in concrete etc that will knacker them eventually but I always try and use a mains drill for that. The cordless circular saw is great for cutting thru floorboards. and the right angle drill is very useful for joist holes. I also have an impact driver for carpentry work, did a loft conversion and timber garage...excellent..

my post got cut short, but all in all, ryobi won't cope well with abuse but is cheap to replace.

ever tool has it's job and if you apply a cost-benefit thinking to ryobi gear then it will work out for general use tool set.

top tip buy it from b&q and you'll get 2 years consumer warranty, if you can blag it failed under consumer use. (and pensioners 10% discount is a bonus)

one difference is charge time, a 4ah bat takes 1.5 h to charge, other brands are quicker but other brands cost twice as much and if you're rocking the 8 port charger and have enough bats then it isn't an issue.

i got an 18v ryobi combi. been using for about 5 years, bought it second hand so not sure how old it is.
hammer mode got very weak, does not drill into bricks. but still works and has no problem with screws/wood etc.

they lithium batteries are good, with internal balancing and charging circuits.

got myself an 10.8v little bosch, since then ryobi is not coming out much.

i got an 18v ryobi combi. been using for about 5 years, bought it second hand so not sure how old it is.
hammer mode got very weak, does not drill into bricks. but still works and has no problem with screws/wood etc.

they lithium batteries are good, with internal balancing and charging circuits.

got myself an 10.8v little bosch, since then ryobi is not coming out much.
depends what you use them for, for mounting panels etc or drilling joists a 10.8v bosch wont cut it.

a lot of 18v drills snag on some joists etc

The amount of tools ryobi have for the same battery is brilliant.

in my work place we have the drills and impact. The impact is brilliant but the drills not so good, the gear boxes have died on 3 in the last 4 years, but are cheap enough to replace.

i have Milwaukee and prefer this, if your after a good drill for a good price I'd say import Milwaukee fuel from America, or even standard Milwaukee. Milwaukee fuel bare drill is looking at 100ish. Which I think is good considering you can get red lithium 4.0 for reasonable prices.

basically ryobi are good but from what I've seen they don't take heavy use. Makita have some nice stuff recently coming out for reasonable prices though.

Reply to Ryobi One+ Power tools? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net