Discuss Signing off your work in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

BeatoX

hey guys i just recently started a new job wiring up heating systems basically i strip out the old boiler and revolver supplys then the plumbers come in and fit the new boiler then i wire and fit a new thermostat and connect everything up at the existing boiler spur and fit a new CO2 alarm in the vicinity by stealing a supply from the nearest source

so basically what i want to know is what qualifications do i need to sign off my work i am 17th edition C&G working in scotland with a valid cscs card and i am thinking i need to be 2391 certified and issue a minor works certificate to sign off on my work by carrying out a IR test and a earth continuity test is this right??

you don't say if you work for yourself or for a firm. if you are self-employed then you are spot on with your npost. if you work for a firm, praps they have a 2391 qualified tester who can sign your work off.

If you go to the ESC worksite they have a download of the scottish Regs regarding what is needed. In england all CH work is notifiable and therefore you either have to contact building control or be part of a part P registered person scheme.

i'll check that out mate i know in scotland part p doesnt apply

telectrix i work for a company but as its mainly a heating systems company so i am the only spark on the job and it would also benefit me being able to do this

Last edited by a moderator:
will your employer fund your 2391? if so, go for it

Reply to Signing off your work in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net