Discuss SMA Sunnyboy Webconnect with TP Links in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

macca499

Hi Guys,

Does anyone have experience of successfully setting up Sunny Portal monitoring via SMA Web Connect and TP Links? We install mostly SMA & Solaredge inverters and like to give our customers monitoring capabilities where possible, for both the SMA and Solaredge we have had no problems where the inverter location allows it to be hard wired to the router. The other situation we have faced is where the inverter is too far away from the router to allow us to run an ethernet cable between inverter and router so we have employed TP links. The Solaredge has connected via the TP links no prblem but I have 2 jobs where we have tried to connect an SMA SB3600TL-21 with Web Connect module to the portal via TP Links and the setup assistant won't recognise the PIC and RID numbers. The inverter is showing that there is a connection and when I try to register the system online there is some activity on the inverter display but the SMA Portal says that there is no connectivity.

I suspect there is some sort of IP address issue between the TP Links and Web Connect module but would be interested to know if anyone else has overcome this problem before spending hours fiddling about in the customer's house.

Thanks in advance

Macca

I have precisely that situation in my own house. Installer has used NETGEAR powerline adaptors (the type that use the domestic wiring to move the data).

One unit plugged into 13 amp socket at inverter end. Cat 5'd into the inverter.

One unit plugged into 13 amp multi socket on wall in lounge next to router. Cat 5'd into my Thomson wi-fi router.

My SE works perfectly, can't see why same connection wouldn't work with other installations, since it is effectively a hard wire connection as opposed to the TP Links wireless connection.

Last edited:

Reply to SMA Sunnyboy Webconnect with TP Links in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net