Discuss sockets wired in 1.0mm 3 core flex in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

why would a load need to be midway in a ring to avoid overloading??that's the point of a ring, that every point is the same in regards to any load upon it.I find that worrying that someone would think otherwise

You seem to be missing something quite significant, not to mention basic about RFC's and that is this:

The relative currents in each leg of the ring supplying the socket in question (where ever it may be on the ring) are split in inverse proportion to the relative resistances of said legs. In other words, apart from the exact middle of the ring, where the legs are of equal length, current will not flow equally down each leg, but will be relative to the resistance of that leg. i.e longer leg, more resistance, less current.

Simply put, you are incorrect, and Spin is correct.

Have you EVER given a useful piece of advice to anyone? or do you get your jollies by trying to appear superior to everyone else? do us all a favour and get a life. I've been an electrician most my life and know what a ring should be wired in. I was simply wondering about any options in regards to the flex.noone has yet proved that it's against the regs but I know it'll have to go

While I am in no way the most learned or intelligent electrician on this forum (in fact there are many here who I consider far more knowledgeable than myself), I like to think that I have helped a few people with their issues and problems. We all need help occasionally, but when a so-called qualified electrician comes on here asking what to do with a 1mm kitchen socket circuit, and then asks what size MCB might make it all ok, are you really so surprised at some of the responses?
I would suggest that you re-read your original post from the perspective of someone who doesn't know you at all, and you might see why we are all so concerned on here.
As to your suggestion of me "getting a life".... I think that I have a very good one thank you. :)

There are four options:
1) Rip out and replace.
2) De-rate the CPD.
3) Disconnect and leave alone.
4) Leave as is and do nothing.
You've already stated that ripping out and replacing is not an option.
It's been pointed out to you what the maximum rating of CPD should be if you de-rated, but you appear to be having trouble understanding the reasons.
That leaves you with disconnection or leaving as is.

Just to set your mind at rest, as has already been pointed out by others, there is nothing in the Regulations prohibiting the use of flex for fixed wiring.
The only reason (from the information you have provided) that the situation doesn't comply is that the CPD is rated too high for the conductors used.

And on that clear & concise bombshell, it's time to end.

Thank you so much for reading, good night.:driving:

***Thread Closed***

Reply to sockets wired in 1.0mm 3 core flex in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net