Search the forum,

Discuss Something from the past! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I came across this today and thought I'd show you lot!

It might be something you guys see all the time but it looked old to me so I though you might like it, and someone is bound to be able to explain a little about it.

See if you can find it.. it's not the CU, Henley, meter or cut out... whats left!

Square D CU.jpg

The Neutral incomer has been run differently from the line incomer???? cant see a MET????? but it's a stab in the dark

Feel a bit embarrassed now as you'll probably all say it's really common to see them! But I liked the fact that it looked old and probably hadn't been used for years... well done Ferg! :smiley2:

Old fuse.jpg

TT install? Interesting as it is, it’s got to go. I remember those rewireable cut outs well, I got in trouble with the NWEB over one.

I take it’s the fuse wire holder were looking at. Save it if you can.

If you don't want it, I'd be happy to pay for you to send it to us for the museum DB display. We have a few old cutouts but no wire spool like that. It's these odd bits that make the complete picture... we've got a good selection of meters coming in soon (although not so much in the way of cutouts) and an ever improving selection of fuseboards. But labels, nameplates, wooden backboards with decals etc, are much harder to pin down.
Cheers
Lucien

I,ve got an old metal (B) on my board near the cut out,presumably this was one of the early phase indicators,also seen some later ones with little coloured plastic discs.

TT install? Interesting as it is, it’s got to go. I remember those rewireable cut outs well, I got in trouble with the NWEB over one.

I take it’s the fuse wire holder were looking at. Save it if you can.

Yes, the fuse wire holder Tony. I thought it was just to hold spare fuse wire at first.. is it? Or is it actually part of an old fuse?

If you don't want it, I'd be happy to pay for you to send it to us for the museum DB display. We have a few old cutouts but no wire spool like that. It's these odd bits that make the complete picture... we've got a good selection of meters coming in soon (although not so much in the way of cutouts) and an ever improving selection of fuseboards. But labels, nameplates, wooden backboards with decals etc, are much harder to pin down.
Cheers
Lucien

Sorry Lucien, the customer hasn't got me in to change the board so it'll stay there for another 20 years I expect! I'll give you a call then :smiley2:

Yes, the fuse wire holder Tony. I thought it was just to hold spare fuse wire at first.. is it? Or is it actually part of an old fuse?

Sorry Lucien, the customer hasn't got me in to change the board so it'll stay there for another 20 years I expect! I'll give you a call then :smiley2:

Don't think he's going to need the fuse wire holder, somehow.......walkies, perhaps.

If that lot's surplus to requirements hang on to the CU - those old Square-D circuit breakers are like gold dust!

pj

I'm about to do an EICR but if it all tests out ok they get to keep it!! I half hope it doesn't!

Just ask the customer if you can take it to send to a museum.

I've got an old Lucy switchgear voltmeter at home to give Lucien at some point I picked up the same way.

Reply to Something from the past! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net