Aico 3000 Range
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Storage Heater- ASBESTOS???? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

5D1F96E0-00CE-4BFA-BD89-D161F97D3FAC.jpeg D108E1F5-0039-4430-B185-242813600BF9.jpeg Hi, I’ve been asked to replace some old storage heaters from a flat - they seem very old and I’m a bit worried they contain asbestos. I couldn’t find any make or model numbers on them. I’ve attached photos , it’s a long shot but if any storage rad experts out there and knows please help.

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
Cant see from the photo what manufacturer they are. Are there any data badges on the side of the heater?

littlespark

-
Arms
Esteemed
I was told by my local council for disposing of storage heaters that any made after 1973 SHOULDN'T contain asbestos.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah that’s what I thought too - the flat is an old Victorian building in London and could easily be before that but not sure.

Take off the front outer cover.I would hope there is a data badge somewhere, otherwise you have no way of knowing.

littlespark

-
Arms
Esteemed
The style of it, I would think early 80's.

The older ones were fat dumpy things where the bricks were laid horizontally.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I did think they’re doing well to still be working if they are pre 1974 . The bricks are definitely vertical in these

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools

Reply to Storage Heater- ASBESTOS???? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
Top Bottom