Discuss Stubbs Books in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,

Just thought id share a couple of photos with you, my stubbs books have just arrived! In the very box they were sent in back in 1954!

Looks like I have a bit of reading to do!

2015-03-26 15.44.00.jpg2015-03-26 15.44.12.jpg2015-03-26 15.51.07.jpg2015-03-26 15.51.21.jpg

Nice set :)

You now need to get the accomanpying Pocket Book, which I ended up buying after the chatter the other night.
It's got these strange pages full of numbers, logarises, logarithistics... or something or other.

Logarithms are your friends. They turn pesky long division into easy subtraction!

I’ll have to find my old slide rule now.
I still use a slide rule from time to time, it has the added bonus of providing endless entertainment for the office staff and sometimes provides me with a free lunch of my choice when I win a couple of races against them using a calculator. :)

It was great for exams, all the formulas written on the back in pencil. Write them down on your scratch pad, a quick wipe and there was no trace of them.

Me……. cheat?

Nice set :)

You now need to get the accomanpying Pocket Book, which I ended up buying after the chatter the other night.
It's got these strange pages full of numbers, logarises, logarithistics... or something or other.

I have this vital piece of mathematical information,my pal gave it to me before setting off to Oz to make his fortune....

Its' worth and value are somewhat hampered by the fact it is from an old school in ROI.....and is printed in Gaelic...:icon12:

wouldnt that kill a lot of devices outsite of the room as well?

...The second i read this^,i was reminded of the scene in "Braveheart",where the King says "Archers!",and the side-kick retorts "Won't we hit our men,sire?".....the King replies..."Yes,but we'll hit them too..."

A satisfying logic,un-hindered by PC...:icon12:

I have this vital piece of mathematical information,my pal gave it to me before setting off to Oz to make his fortune....

Its' worth and value are somewhat hampered by the fact it is from an old school in ROI.....and is printed in Gaelic...:icon12:

I can sell you an Irish-English dictionary if you like.

Reply to Stubbs Books in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net