Currently reading:
SWA along a fence

Discuss SWA along a fence in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

skippy2

Can someone settle an argument please. Can you run SWA along a fence at a height clear of the ground supported at the relevant distances to the out building? Trenching is not an option due to sewer pipes and bt/ comms cables running across the garden.

Exactly what I thought! I was going to post something along the same lines but then I thought I'd just start sounding like a broken record!

Since when has a corporate entity ever been an authority on anything electrical?![/QUOTE]Damian....as long as the cash cometh in...
and the little sideshow from the other day will not count a jot...
so what? the boat came up against a bit more of a wave than the usual little ripples...
but the good ship Part pis has righted herself and plows on....

another this scam thinks....that scam thinks...

so i said so she said so i said so she said...

So what's the problem here? Is advice from anybody not acceptable? Bit odd. Not fixing a cable to a fence if there is a wall or an alternative seems common sense to me, regardless who gives that advice. The average garden fence is a structure with a 5 - 10 year life span. In terms of an electrical installation, that is not the life of an electrical installation.

So what's the problem here? Is advice from anybody not acceptable? Bit odd. Not fixing a cable to a fence if there is a wall or an alternative seems common sense to me, regardless who gives that advice. The average garden fence is a structure with a 5 - 10 year life span. In terms of an electrical installation, that is not the life of an electrical installation.
read my other posts eh....

I was trying to respond to the observation that a cable installed on a good fence today may (probably will) outlive the fence itself.

I would agree that installing on a fence which is dodgy at the time would be poor practice.

Crikey! I could've took the fence down and built a ruddy wall by the time we've settled this!

note interesting advice from ELECSA , surely if a wall was there to fix on then a fence wouldn't be there? Or are they suggesting that where there's a fence there's a wall? I've confused myself now!!

Reply to SWA along a fence in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock