Discuss Thank you scheme providers. You are destroying a once respected trade. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

it's not just HMRC. today i got a letter from PRS telling me i needed a music license from them if i played my radio while working. apparently it's public broadcasting. FFS.

just on the phone to philD....and he informs me about gas safe informing HMRC about a guy who had installed 150 boilers.....HMRC did him as he had declaired no earnings over that period....
so i think scams are informing HMRC of jobs notified....

just on the phone to philD....and he informs me about gas safe informing HMRC about a guy who had installed 150 boilers.....HMRC did him as he had declaired no earnings over that period....

I've known for a while about the Gas Safe grasses and guessed it would only be a matter of time before the leccy scamsters started doing the same.

I've nothing to hide. Anyone who notifies work and doesn't declare the related income deserves a visit from HMRC for being a numpty

This lark of teaching a bit of a trade and thinking that's it is where the problem lies.
there was a post this week from what seemed a bright enough lad who had been testing for 2 years and wanted to change direction.fair enough
he had no install experience whatsoever and was testing commercial premises for his 2 years.
My take on this is that to be able to test you really do need to know how a job goes together in the first place and that takes time.
the semi trained are doing the trained out of a job is the end result.
i had an email today where due to the "skills shortage"
Select are going to have a pool of apprentices who you can take for 1 month at a set day rate. They pay the college etc etc.end result time served electrician.
a brave try to get apprenticeships for the young team.
Nothing to do with keeping their 45k +car+ benefits jobs then?

While many blame Part P there are others who are complicit in this destruction of a once proud and respected industry namely the training centres who are aided and abetted by the City & Guilds who allow people to take courses and exams where the pre requisite is the possession of other trade related C & G qualifications. How can people really be and be allowed to call themselves qualified or fully qualified when all they have passed is a 17th edition and 2391 exam.

Since the introduction of the term competent to replace qualified the quick training schemes have been allowed to redefine what training is needed to be considered an electrician and the part P schemes have colluded in this by accepting what were considered peripheral and additional qualifications to the C&G 2330 etc as the qualifications required along with a wedge of money to be accepted by the scheme

It would be interesting to see some figures on how many people have passed the 2330 exam in the last 5 - 10 years and how many have passed just the 2391 and the 2382 in a training centre

It is difficult to see a way back now unless the City & Guilds clampdown on those sitting the exams so there is a structure put back into training but this would upset the "I want it all and I want it now brigade" who have no time to train properly

I've nothing to hide. Anyone who notifies work and doesn't declare the related income deserves a visit from HMRC for being a numpty
its just the scenareo thats all...
the scams inform HMRC about any notifyable jobs....probably half the reason they were set up in the first place.....
but as you says Murdoch...its them thats doing cash in hand stuff, thats not certing their work and that claim their registered with a scheme.....when I know they damned well arn`t....they are the ones who are pisin me of...
you know who you are....

I would be happy to see HMRC getting involved and have said it in the past all they have to do is hit the wholesalers to see who is buying stuff with a wad of cash I think its a matter of time a bit like benefits cheats when they get caught they don't take it on the chin no they report the very people who are doing what they did.

I'm guessing this is aimed at other forum members so please no handbags!!
NO HANDBAGS....NO HANDBAGS??!!

LISTEN HERE...
we all have to pay for being on one of these schemes.....then one little upstart comes along and thinks the rules that society abides by are not for him....
i`m not mentioning names but he knows who he is and i can tell you something else n all....
i`v a good mind to get on to that scheme provider and tell em just whats goin on.....
why should i (and others) pay for scheme membership....then he comes along and does notifyable works.....that he aint noting...claims to be a scheme member...when he aint
christ....i bet he hasn`t even got public liability.....
so i think you can understand Marvo if i gets a bit browned off over it....

I don't know who's with a scheme provider and who isn't, I don't know who's working under the table and who isn't and I also don't know who's certifying their work and who isn't. What I do know is if you're privy to info about someone doing something underhanded, illegal or immoral you're entitled to report them to an appropriate official body who can investigate and seek legal remedy. The forum isn't an appropriate body.

Reply to Thank you scheme providers. You are destroying a once respected trade. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net