Search the forum,

Discuss Thank you scheme providers. You are destroying a once respected trade. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

this is a proposed licence in the north of Ireland The proposed SparkSafe licence to practice initiative is for qualified electricians, electrical workers and apprentices in the construction industry.
Qualified assessors using agreed criterion will help determine a fair and appropriate licence type for each applicant based upon qualifications, skills and experience.
Three licence types are envisaged, these are Qualified Electrician, Restricted Electrical Worker and Apprentice Electrician. SparkSafe LTP | About SparkSafe

We could ask another question here where do the schemes get off by trying to make us justify ourselves to them plus there is no going back they have flooded the trade with quick trained people who on paper are qualified but are on here via their smart phone posting HELP!!!!!! the RCD or the CU or the Earthing threads.

As for Northern Ireland yet again someone is flying an idea so lets trial it in NI a bit like Thatcher when she said roll out the Poll Tax in Scotland and see how it goes and that was only because her civil servants were saying this just aint going to work.

As for Northern Ireland yet again someone is flying an idea so lets trial it in NI a bit like Thatcher when she said roll out the Poll Tax in Scotland and see how it goes and that was only because her civil servants were saying this just aint going to work.

to be honest I think it is a good thing, all ni's sparks are apprentices passed by the electrical training trust, we would be the only people entitled to the licence's [unless your one of the old brigade with years of experience or a pre 1997 4 year apprenticeship from your local regional college]

to be honest I think it is a good thing, all ni's sparks are apprentices passed by the electrical training trust, we would be the only people entitled to the licence's [unless your one of the old brigade with years of experience or a pre 1997 4 year apprenticeship from your local regional college]

Yep its the similar in Scotland but I look at England with dismay and hope we never go the same way thing is in England the genie is out of the bottle

Think its found in any trade really..you'll get the competant and professional and you'll get the workday w**nkers who think they're worth the money it says on thier van..I'm relatively new to the trade myself and admit I'm still wet behind the ears or as my old boss says I've still got a hole in my A**e we all started somewhere, although I do disagree with the fastrack courses that are in place 13 weeks and you're a qualified sparks ? Wrong!! I took the correct route and 5 years later I'm still learning... Complacency and over-confidence in your ability is the rub...I may have my bit of paper but I know my limits :)

i'm in the same boat I am 2 years out of my 4 year apprenticeship and I also have my 2391, and I still reckon I am nowhere near good enough to know it all, I come on to this forum not so much for advice but more of a nosey as to see how others would do things, but sometimes you realise it is a bit of the blind leading the blind

Yep its the similar in Scotland but I look at England with dismay and hope we never go the same way thing is in England the genie is out of the bottle

OT, I look at the entire electrical industry and despair.

Being retired it makes no odds to me now. I just get wound up about everything!

Later in the year I’ve got to have EICR done on my place. I feel sorry for the poor schmuck that gets it to do.

OT, I look at the entire electrical industry and despair.

Being retired it makes no odds to me now. I just get wound up about everything!

Later in the year I’ve got to have EICR done on my place. I feel sorry for the poor schmuck that gets it to do.

Why don't you do it?

We could ask another question here where do the schemes get off by trying to make us justify ourselves to them plus there is no going back they have flooded the trade with quick trained people who on paper are qualified but are on here via their smart phone posting HELP!!!!!! the RCD or the CU or the Earthing threads.

If a licence scheme was brought in there would be many arguments as to where the level or levels for a graded system would be set this would upset some but lifting the standards and level of training back to somewhere sensible must be part of the object of such a licence if it was brought in

Labours part p is something akin to the tories poll tax ill thought out and not fit for purpose and it's about time it was put out to grass with all the schemes and these pathetic training companies

Reply to Thank you scheme providers. You are destroying a once respected trade. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net