Discuss Touring Caravan Inspection and Testing in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Any tips and advice for inspecting and testing a small touring caravan would be much appreciated (over and above that required for a domestic dwelling).

It has:
12V
Igniter for gas water heater, igniter for gas cooker, igniter for gas fridge (burning gas to keep a fridge cold (what's that all about?)), fan for warm air blower, a single 12V socket outlet for TV and a slack handful of ceiling lights.
230V
Battery charger, water heater, fridge, 2 ceiling lights, warm air heater (2KW) and a slack handful of socket outlets.
I think that's about it.

I have an isolating transformer so I can test the caravan RCD without tripping the supply I'm connected to other than that check chassis and gas bonding care needs to be exercised if doing any insulation resistance checks as most caravans have an integrated charger / consumer unit

Main area of failure is the hook up lead on insulation resistance, a mate of mine is a caravan engineer and finds loads that are close to or below the lower limit

Reply to Touring Caravan Inspection and Testing in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

We have started a business building garden rooms/caravans/mobile homes under the caravan act. We have only done one so far and I got an...
Replies
Views
My mates bought a mobile bar. I’m going to be checking the electrics but I’ve got a more plumbing question. he’s wanting a small under sink water...
Replies
Views
I know how I was taught to test a RCD, 6 tests in all two no go, two under 300 mS and 2 under 40 mS with no load. But thinking about it not so...
Replies
Views
Can anyone tell me where to find distance between Gas box and Electric box on caravan site I know it’s 600mm, now on new install someone’s...
Replies
Views
Hopefully someone wiser than me can help explain some odd measurements I’ve taken at my own home. This is a long read, I’ve tried to give as much...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock