Discuss Urgent help needed in connecting a push switch to a string of battery LEDs in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

R

Raj Memtaj 1990

Hello my name is Rajiv Memtaj I am currently working on an A2 Product Innovation project and i want to attach some LEDs to my unit which are activated using a switch but i dnt knw how
CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME?
My email address is [email protected], plese contact me if you have ne suggestions on making it work.

Below is the problem
I have a simple 'push to break switch' which i bout from maplin. the picture is below.
Urgent help needed in connecting a push switch to a string of battery LEDs {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Below is a picture of the LED lights i am using, sorry the picture is not too clear

Urgent help needed in connecting a push switch to a string of battery LEDs {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

The lights look amazing when lit up which is why im so keen to connect the switch, i want it to work so when a door is opened the lights turn on. PLEASE HELP AND TELL ME WHAT I HAVE TO DO
Heres a pic of what they look like

Thank you for viewing, i look foward to your comments and advice on how i can make this work. Thanks :D i'll be very gratefull if you can help me

If you decide to help me i can send you the pictures

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi see what to do ,explain it all again ,because i dont know what your trying to do ,a switch is a switch ,i would just put one wire in each hole and turn on!
but then again ,im not qualified yet,so my advise might not be worth a light
good luck,,,,,,oooops

don't have much of a clue what you're trying to achieve...what sort of LED lamps?

Right ,pull a wire off the battery ,any wire and connect to the switch ,any terminal will do ,then get a bit of wire and connect it to the other switch terminal and the battery where you took the wire off.
your on the right site mate,well make an electrician out of you ,a little bit of self experiment wont go amiss mind
atvbitwww

so does the wire connecting to the battery in the first place have to be removed in order for it to work?

all you are doing is putting the switch in series with the lamp

Rum has told you exactly how to do it

the problem i think you have will be sperating the common supply

the lamps cables should go to two coomon points - one posistive, one negative (may be at the battery, may be on a terminal board)

remove all the cables from the posistive bit and connect to one side of the switch

from the other side of the switch, connect a new cable to the point you removed the first cables from

you will probably need a soldering iron

now, dont try and misenterprate what i said, like you did with Rum's very helpfull post

just do what i said, how i said

oh, and i now own you hahahahahahahahaha (thats an evil laugh by the way)

sorry for asking again but the other methods are not working, as another method could i simply cut one of the wires and then connect either end to the push switch? surely that will work because arent i breaking the circuit and including another circuit? please help

ok now i've bought the soldering iron im confused on what type of wire i need, im thinking of ordering form 'Maplin' they have arange of wires below is the description of what i want

the description for this is:
To DEF61-12 (Part 6) Type 2
A wire having a single solid core ideal for plate-wiring (running wires across a chassis with all wires straight or at right-angles to one another) because wire stays exactly in formed shape without ties.

When i do purchase the wire can i simply weld the tips of the wires to its connecting pieces without anything else?

Thanks

Reply to Urgent help needed in connecting a push switch to a string of battery LEDs in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock