Discuss VPhase (again) in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

tech1.jpg

Know what you mean. It'd be easier to have a 2nd CU just for your Vphase circuits.

Imagine trying to reconfigure a dual RCD CU to get the VPhase to work

I love a good vphase thread. I can't find the words to express the excitement I felt when I saw this new one. :)

I can only assume you're coming around to the idea of them if you're hanging around their website Tony.

A couple of things strike me immediately;
1 They haven't included the price of the second RCD in their installation costings.
2 They're feeding 3 x 32A ring circuits and a lighting cct with a device that goes into bypass mode at 10Amps....or is it 20A, I can't remember.

In the interests of forum hilarity and boredom alleviation (I'm a PV installer - not much on at the moment for some reason....) I have just ordered a Voltis Home for me own house. Before you all start pointing and laughing at me, my company is paying and anything that prevents the taxman from taking his share of my profits has got to be worth a look :rolleyes4:

Anyhoo, I fully understand why these things are the subject of much derision but, as an old morris dancer once told me, "don't knock it till you've tried it". Bit of an expensive experiment but we shall see what happens.....

I'm not totally against these things, just that the Vphase Jobey is not the best example in that, the thing will be running in by-pass mode, most of the time when it could be saving money. Not sure these things are appropriate for lighting circuits mind, what's the point in dimming lighting, when it was installed to give adequate lighting levels?? I still think these gizmo's, are better suited to commercial/industrial installations rather than a domestic installation. But please let us know how this unit performs, it'll be interesting to hear your views after 1 or 2 electrickery bills have hit the letter box (so to speak)...lol!!

Remember too, your going to have to wait a bit longer for that cuppa your gasping for, as you get home of an evening from work!!!...lol!!

Henley on the tails - one supply to the Voltis Home and on to the consumer unit, one supply off to a dedicated kettle socket - job done!:lol:

Our current consumption is around 45kWh per week. Lowest I've seen is 42 and highest around 49. We're not big users but I will be interested to see what, if any, percentage reduction we get along with any noticeable degradation to lighting (which is nearly all CFL). If it works, will start offering it to customers. Will keep you all posted.

From the Voltis website:

Who installs the units?

We offer a full turn key operation. The units are installed by our Qualified Electrical contractors who are members of the ECA Electrical Contractors Association, NICEIC and Construction Line registered and CHAS (Construction Health & Safety) approved. Method statements will be completed prior to the installation taking place.

They must be good if they are allowed to remove the main fuse to fit it!

Reply to VPhase (again) in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net