Discuss Weird painting problem in a bedroom where a cable is below/buried in the plaster in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

greeny

We have just repainted our spare bedroom with our normal emulsion paint and noted a vertical streak from the ceiling down to a socket. We repainted over the streak but the streak reappeared.
I used my cable detector and established that the cable run was directly under the streak. The streak does not disappear when the paint dries
Weird...
An ideas please?

Different type of plaster used over chase that the paint reacts slightly different to? Presumably house has been rewired at some point or that socket was added at a later date to the house being built.

or if you're flush, buy a aerosol "stain block" from a decent decorators supplier. it stops the stain penetrating the paint.

i got 1 of them in my collection. all in a glass cabinet. some vintage stuff in there as well. even fot a folding bellows job. takes 120 film to give 3+1/4 x 2+1/4 negs.

i got 1 of them in my collection. all in a glass cabinet. some vintage stuff in there as well. even fot a folding bellows job. takes 120 film to give 3+1/4 x 2+1/4 negs.

That's impressive!!

All I've got is a Kodak Brownie 127 (8 shots from a roll film) and a Kodak Brownie Starmite (12 shots from a roll of film and a built in flash wot you put flash bulbs into) a Zenith "B" 35 mm job and a Zenth "E" (like the "B" but with built-in exposure meter) and my Canon 30D.

I had a Canon 350D but Tidyboiler's No. 3 dowter is now the proud owner of it.

got some zenits as well. an E, EM, a TT and a 12.

That's impressive!!

All I've got is a Kodak Brownie 127 (8 shots from a roll film) and a Kodak Brownie Starmite (12 shots from a roll of film and a built in flash wot you put flash bulbs into) a Zenith "B" 35 mm job and a Zenth "E" (like the "B" but with built-in exposure meter) and my Canon 30D.

I had a Canon 350D but Tidyboiler's No. 3 dowter is now the proud owner of it.
i thought the only cameras you had since you were a wee nipper required black powder

i thought the only cameras you had since you were a wee nipper required black powder

Photographers flash powder was used for cameras, black powder would burn too slowly and not be bright enough. Not to be confused with flash powder as used in fireworks (aluminium based) that stuff would blow the photographer to pieces if you tried using it.

Photographers flash powder was used for cameras, black powder would burn too slowly and not be bright enough. Not to be confused with flash powder as used in fireworks (aluminium based) that stuff would blow the photographer to pieces if you tried using it.

I thought I was pedantic.

Sir, I bow to your superior pedantry and am in awe. :)

Reply to Weird painting problem in a bedroom where a cable is below/buried in the plaster in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net