Discuss what companies have in-house electrical maintenance engineer? in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

practic

hello!

can you tell me please what kind of companies employ in-house electrical maintenance engineer?

ofcourse they must be quite large companies, but in what sectors? apart from the apparent, large food/pharma factories, etc

thanks!

Write to them or phone up companies, even if they don't have a position they may leave your information on file for future reference.

What experience and qualifications do you have to offer?

You can send off 100’s of CV’s. There will be some miserable git (like me) behind the desk looking at the in pile and the waste bin. Something has to stand out in your CV.

Quarries, kilns and foundries have been my playground for 40 years. I’ve always been on the maintenance staff.
Faultfinding becomes 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] nature. In your free time you may be doing some installation work or swinging on spanners helping the fitters out. Over the years I’ve in positions where I’ve been “it”, on my own running a factory to having 25 people on my shift. You have to be an all rounder, not purely electrical.
I will say that now a days you don’t stand a chance unless you have several skills under your belt. Most of the time you’re the one to make the decisions, you try finding a senior manager at 03:00.

Many years ago I wrote articles for magazines, to get them published I had to be a member of the NUJ. To be a member of the NUJ I had to have published work. Catch 22!

I’m not the best person to ask. I was indentured to one of the worlds biggest multi-nationals. If I needed something for my log book (portfolio) they would send me to a site that had the kit.
Unfortunately you won’t find that now unless you go in to the forces.

PM me, I’ve been retired for a few years now, but may be able to help.

Reply to what companies have in-house electrical maintenance engineer? in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net