Discuss Wiring up an induction hob - wanted to sense check if what I'm doing is correct in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

a) probably a generic molding used for multiple appliances, or even a three phase version.

b) 2 and 3 could be wired as separate phases, this is why they are kept separate from the factory. The neutral is always linked.

c)You are using 2 x what looks like 2.5mm for both the "live" and neutral so in effect 5mm.

Put some brown heat shrink or tape over the black on both ends, and put some blue heat shrink or tape over the grey wire to identify that they are being used for the same thing.

Thanks Rob! I bought a new heat gun about six months ago and have been itching to use it, so will crack open the shrink wrap assortment and get that done. :)

Hello guys just wanted to give a quick update - here is how I wired the induction hob in (pic attached).

At the cooker outlet plate end, I applied my shrink wrap in pairing up the blue + grey (neutral) and then separately paired up the black + brown (live).

Sadly I don't have a photo of that part because it was only after I finished everything AND put the cover on the cooker outlet plate back on and fitted the kitchen drawers that I realised I didn't do a photo, doh!

Went back to the consumer unit, fired it up and it works a treat.

Thanks to all for your help! :)

Wiring up an induction hob - wanted to sense check if what I'm doing is correct Oven cables - EletriciansForums.net

What an excellent post and series of answers.
I'm replacing an old ceramic job with an almost identical Bosch induction hob to that of the original poster. So finding this post has resolved my query about the cabling BUT the 5 core cable supplied by Bosch with our 7.4kw induction hob is actually marked 1.5mm.

My Question 1..... An assumption was made in one of the answers above that it's "probably 2.5mm" so I'm naturally concerned that my 2*1.5mm (3mm) cables will be right on the limit for my 7.4kw Bosch induction hob.
My Question 2.......The length of exposed cables from the outer sheath to the crimped ends is 7cm. This seems to me a bit long to be of much use? The crimped ends will be great to connect into the cooker outlet screws, but will mean that the sheathed section is outside the cable gripper.
Any suggestions or advice will be gratefully received.

Reply to Wiring up an induction hob - wanted to sense check if what I'm doing is correct in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock