Discuss Combining two SMA SB1200TL inverters in a system design? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

Blueflash

My boss who designs all our systems has had me construct AC work consisting of two SMA 1200TL inverters combined. Meaning, own circuit until the finally meet at the 3 phase meter terminals.
I personally thought this was incorrect and they should be totally independant of each other until the bus bar. This system has developed a grid fault (one inverter down) that I must look at on Monday, but feel the design is to blame and there may be damage to one or both inverters?
Does one inverter "see" the other as the Grid, thus create over voltage for exporting power?

Your thoughts please.

3 phase - I presume you're talking about the tripower 12000TL's then?

shouldn't be any problem with combining them providing the cable is suitably sized to prevent the voltage going too high with the 2 inverters pushing power down it. You'd need to up the cable rating vs the recommendation for just the single inverter though.

The circuit for each inverter would need it's own MCB and isolator at the point the circuit splits though.

I suspect if you've got a grid fault issue developed that the cable has been undersized for carrying the 2 inverters output.

Reply to Combining two SMA SB1200TL inverters in a system design? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello there I have just installed a new Solis S6-GR1P3.6K-M-DC Inverter - this replaced a 10 year old+ Sungrow inverter that failed/out of...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Victron Multiplus-II 5kVA inverter/charger with Pylontech US5000 batteries installed in my house along with a 6.8kWp PV array and...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. The owner of the business I work for along with myself have created a DIY inverter setup that is giving us some issues. We bought...
Replies
Views
Good Evening All, I'm not an electrician but I'd like to pick the brains of those that are please. Note I intend getting a qualified electrician...
Replies
Views
TLDR - I have a system that is supposed to have optimisers fitted, but I am not sure they have been fitted. The detail: Back in March I had a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock