Search the forum,

Discuss Commissioning of a G59 system, i have a couple questions in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
hi all

i have just finished in installing my first 49Kw 3 phase pv installation split over 3 15Kw sma tripower inverters, now i need to commission the system, the DNO is western power, who we have had a connection agreement from, and the supplier is EON, any help or info would be great on commissioning a system like this. I.E.

what info do i need to send western power, and EON
what tests should i do
etc etc

any one who has commissioned and systems this size any info would be great

i have done around 30 small <4Kw systems so it is very different from them

Have the DNO asked to witness the tests?

You will do better to ring the DNO and ask them. They're generally really helpful.

In the past we have had to pay to have the system tested - sometimes the DNO will allow this to be done by trusted contractors and not even bother witnessing it. Expect to pay a lot though.

Of course, you may find that the DNO is totally relaxed and won't ask for this as it is still a relatively small G59 install.

Have the DNO asked to witness the tests?

You will do better to ring the DNO and ask them. They're generally really helpful.

In the past we have had to pay to have the system tested - sometimes the DNO will allow this to be done by trusted contractors and not even bother witnessing it. Expect to pay a lot though.

Of course, you may find that the DNO is totally relaxed and won't ask for this as it is still a relatively small G59 install.

They said that they will not need to witness it which I why I want to get it make sure ido every test needed

We are currently completing an 49kWp installation where we have to test the system ourselves. There seem to be various tests that could be required, ranging from simple declerations to extensive tests that require expensive switches and test meters. We have spoken to the DNO and got them to confirm which tests they require. I think you need to do the same and get it in an email as some DNOs seem to change their mind on the required paperwork depending on who yopu speak to.

Tom

Stubo300, either get your dno to email you the form or otherwise download it. I'm afraid I don't have the one for western power. If you don't hear back from the dno I suggest ringing, this approach takes time and patience but gets results in the end.

Tom

Reply to Commissioning of a G59 system, i have a couple questions in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net