Discuss connecting a cellphone charger and a laptop charger to a photovoltaic module in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I

ick

How do I connect a cellphone charger and a laptop charger to a photovoltaic module.
The solar module is has a maximum power of 80 watts.the laptop charger is 65watts,20V
the cell phone charger is a power mat used to charge devices simultaneously it's specifications are

Input Voltage: 100-240V AC, 50-60Hz Universal
Output Voltage: 18VDC
Output Current: 0.83A
Standby Current: 0.011A
Adapter Power: 15 Watts

Ok so what happens if I have multiple panels connected to the inverter and this inverter is connected to the socket switch and say that panels some how does not provide enough electricity to the load.Will that same inverter be used to connect to the grid or another alternative source of energy
Thanks for the response

To do what you want to do you need a 12V (car) battery.
Solar panel connects to the battery, battery connects to an inverter, inverter supplies your Power Mat thingy.
If your phone and/or laptop can be charged direct from the ciggy lighter in your car then you'd be better off just hooking them up to the battery, cutting out the inverter and the Power Mat.

thanks for responding...
I thought about the battery but since the system will be on for long periods of time I didn't want to use a battery,knowing that i might to replace it every time when it goes bad.I plan on putting the system in the balcony since there is up to almost 10 hrs of exposure to to sun.

Ok well thanks for responding..
I didn't want to use a battery because of replacement when it goes bad.However is it possible for the panels to connected to the inverter and that same inverter can be connected to the grid.So in case if the panels don't provide enough power to the load then it can tap into the grid and also be able re-route surplus power generated by the panels back to the grid.

Thats not a problem because our country is in talks with a company from the united states I think where they are going to harness the energy and sell it to the local utility company.So I mean if i had to do it it would not be a problem,However can i use that same inverter to tap into the grid and use the solar panels.

Are you 10 years old ?
You only need a panel with 12Vdc output to charge a laptop.
Mains electricity is considerably higher.
A panel suitable for charging small DC devices is NOT suitable for using with a Grid Tied system, and a panel that is, is seriously OTT if all you want to do is charge your cellphone.

Reply to connecting a cellphone charger and a laptop charger to a photovoltaic module in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net