Discuss Continuity of protective conductors...Initial/Periodic exam. in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,
With Referance to the current Initial verification and periodic practical exam.

Continuity of protective conductors, including main and supplementary bonding.

I understand using method one with circuit c.p.c, Connect line/c.p.c in connector blocks. Results provide, continuity, R1=R2 and polarity.

I understand method two for Main bonding. Remove cable from DB’s earthbar, test between cable and earth clamp at Extraneous conductive part.

However, on 3-phase DB,(periodic test)
3 phase Armoured circuit to 63 amp socket, for motor, via DOL. The Armoured’s sheath is conductor.
Also, MI cable to FCU for water heater. The Mi’s metal sheath is a conductor.

I can do Method one for the 3 core and MI circuits.
Should I also do method two between DB’s earth bar and Armoured gland. Same for MI circuit. What are the expected results and where to record on Forms/Schedules of test results?

In addition, Supplementary bonding connected between extraneous conductive water pipe and water heater spur mentioned above? Test between earthclamp and spur faceplate…Expected result is 0.05 Ohms? Where is this recorded?

Further,
the single phase cu, sub-main, (initial verification). It’s circuits are house in Metal trunking/pipe/metal clad switches and socket.
Therefore? Method two between cu’s Earth bar and various locations for said metal equipment?
Again what are the expected results and where to record?

Thank you.

Which ever method you decide to use to measure and record continuity, null out first, there is a lot going on behind the board you see. When I did 2391-52 two of my readings were massive due to resistors suitably placed.

Hi,
With Referance to the current Initial verification and periodic practical exam.

Continuity of protective conductors, including main and supplementary bonding.

I understand using method one with circuit c.p.c, Connect line/c.p.c in connector blocks. Results provide, continuity, R1=R2 and polarity.

I understand method two for Main bonding. Remove cable from DB’s earthbar, test between cable and earth clamp at Extraneous conductive part.

However, on 3-phase DB,(periodic test)
3 phase Armoured circuit to 63 amp socket, for motor, via DOL. The Armoured’s sheath is conductor.
Also, MI cable to FCU for water heater. The Mi’s metal sheath is a conductor.

I can do Method one for the 3 core and MI circuits.
Should I also do method two between DB’s earth bar and Armoured gland. Same for MI circuit. What are the expected results and where to record on Forms/Schedules of test results?

In addition, Supplementary bonding connected between extraneous conductive water pipe and water heater spur mentioned above? Test between earthclamp and spur faceplate…Expected result is 0.05 Ohms? Where is this recorded?

Further,
the single phase cu, sub-main, (initial verification). It’s circuits are house in Metal trunking/pipe/metal clad switches and socket.
Therefore? Method two between cu’s Earth bar and various locations for said metal equipment?
Again what are the expected results and where to record?

Thank you.
might want to look at this vid

Reply to Continuity of protective conductors...Initial/Periodic exam. in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net