Discuss cooker supply on 13amp connection in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

BristolSpark

This is the hob we have to install Ignis 60cm Electric Ceramic Hob Black AKL359/NE/02 (H)50 x (W)580 x (D)510mm, AKL359/NE/02

the hob says 30amp supply

the oven says Ignis Built-In Single Fan Oven Stainless Steel AKL906/IX (H)595 x (W)595 x (D)564mm, 8003437931932

oven equals 13amp.

This oven says 10amp Ignis Integrated Single Fan Oven White, 8003437931925

Both appliances are "A" rated energy wise. I could use a 4mm cable here for the hob supply on a cooker control unit and a fused spur 13amp for the oven. That sounds crazy.

Is this right!!!! I am so used to banging 10mm cables for standalone cookers. I thought I should spread the love and find out what you say. Do you guys know if most conventional hobs and ovens now come pre wired with flex.

Is this seeming to be normal these days. Conventional ovens "A" rated for efficiency knocking out 0.72 kw/h

Last edited by a moderator:
I decided on 6mm for both. One on 32amp and the other on either a 16 or 20amp. I thought if ever the oven or hob gets changed they have a little levy.

Go with your first reply :D:D:D

could you put one 6mm cable on a 40a mcb to a cooker isolator then from isolator wire a socket for oven and wire the hob from isolator .
then the cooker is safe via a 13a fuse and a 6mm cable will still go to hob .
Then when you hit isolator it turns of all cooking appliances i think this is the best way:eek:

I would install a bigger cable than that rated for the oven.

reason, in 3 years time that oven packs in and they buy a new one 'for the time being' being 15A above the rating of the one you installed.

i'd be banging in 10mm supply cables and RCBO's to suit the oven etc. rather than cable to suit the oven as things change...

quote to suit and they are well installed

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to cooker supply on 13amp connection in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net