Discuss Covid 19 - New hospital being built Manchester 40 electricians need in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I think they’re looking at building others around the country, Manchester, Birmingham etc... once the one in London’s completed. Could be crossed wires though.

My understanding is that it is fake. The Nightingale hospital was apparently built by the British army and the call for workers was entirely bogus.
Made me double check, but it's easily verifiable that Georgie Loveday is a real person working at the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham who really has put a call out for electricians for building the London hospital. Can't verify for the Manchester one (will try and get more info off my doctor friend who works at a Manchester hospital as it does seem strange that someone in Barking and Dagenham would be managing it). If I've got it wrong my apologies no intent to mislead.

It’s exactly the same text as used on posts I’ve seen on other forums and fb.
did think it strange that they were advertising after the news showed it almost finished.

As a temporary hospital, it is feasible to assume the army has kitted it out.

And I know it’s for a good cause, but £20ph doesn’t sound much. I was on Heathrow T5 for 18, and that was 15 years ago

Made me double check, but it's easily verifiable that Georgie Loveday is a real person working at the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham who really has put a call out for electricians for building the London hospital. Can't verify for the Manchester one (will try and get more info off my doctor friend who works at a Manchester hospital as it does seem strange that someone in Barking and Dagenham would be managing it). If I've got it wrong my apologies no intent to mislead.
It’s exactly the same text as used on posts I’ve seen on other forums and fb.
did think it strange that they were advertising after the news showed it almost finished.

As a temporary hospital, it is feasible to assume the army has kitted it out.

And I know it’s for a good cause, but £20ph doesn’t sound much. I was on Heathrow T5 for 18, and that was 15 years ago

A little bit of Googling is enough to show me Georgie Loveday really works for the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham (stuff on their website) in a relevant position (on their website) and that according to her Linkedin profile (which would have been a lot, and I mean a lot of effort going back years if fake) she did put out a call for electricians for the hospital (which it also appears closed on 28th so looks like I got the message from my friend a bit late but she'd been told - by the person who sent it to her at work, the Manchester hospital she works at - that they were also looking for people for the Manchester Nightingale Hospital). As I said above can't verify that the Manchester part is genuine, but the emails that were in the message appear to be real email addresses, the links if you hover over them, appear to just be mail to: then the same email addresses, where's the scam in that? Worse case scenario is the Manchester bit is a bit of what used to be called chinese whispers (not sure what the politically correct alternative is).

Reply to Covid 19 - New hospital being built Manchester 40 electricians need in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net