Search the forum,

Discuss Distribution at a Caravan Park in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

loz I am not sure if you have read this thread from the start but would you consider my original suggested setup as an appropriate stanadard for UK sites if they were to designed from new?

loz I am not sure if you have read this thread from the start but would you consider my original suggested setup as an appropriate stanadard for UK sites if they were to designed from new?

doesnt sound too bad, tbh best way is singularly fed but the cost of this can be a issue, id personally have a mccb/rcd time delay at the mains rodded down to TT, swa to fdu distribution panel, rod this point too, swa to hooks ups, no more than 6 sockets on a 63a breaker

having worked in alot of these panels and also knowing the company that built that panel, the earth fly leads arent required as all the glands will be glanded into a solid brass plate, so there's no need for banjos or fly leads, this is common practice in the caravan park industry, usually there is a 16mm cpc bolted to the plate inside the black shroud, but this may be missing, but worth checking. loz

This is a TT system were talking about here, even if the SWA cables are glanded to a brass plate, one would at least expect an earthing point/bar within this makeshift external panel. I would have the earth rod conductor coming into the enclosure and connecting to an EMT along with any other CPC's such as fly leads, brass base plate or not. As far as i can see, there are also metal elements within this panel too, are they to be left isolated waiting, for say a conductor to chaff against them and become live?? If this panel is specifically made for caravan parks etc, i would not have expected to see single fuse carriers and a connector block, but DP breakers and some form of RCD protection.

e54, bear in mind this panel will be 15-20 years old and in a poor condition currently. the main switch for the park looks to be a 60947-2 time delayed mccb/rcd, i would be pretty certain to say there would be a 16mm cpc going down to a rod bolted to one of the M8 brass bolts securing the gland plate when i install panels like this they now have a main earth terminal inside with the 16mm to rod connected then a link to the gland plate and also the chassis. when this panel was built there would have been a 35mm stranded cpc from the gland plate to the chassis on the rear left hand side behind the 4 core cable (i have come accross literally hundreds of these panels over the years testing caravan club sites all over the uk) and this is a perfectly normal of a typical FDU. Each circuit will go out as a radial to feed several hook up boxes containing mcb and rcd arrangements plus a 16amp socket. The "connector blocks" are in fact 100A din rail mounted 35mm terminals, with link strip fitted to create a neutral bar. Fdu pilllars are still made pretty much the same as this now by 3 major nic registered companies throughout the uk. sorry to go in depth on this but after 5 years in industry with 2 different companies (1st went bankrupt) then i feel reasonably confident on my knowledge of this kind of installation

Also what would you consider a fair price to supply and fit a like for like exchange of a caravan hook up complete with DP 16a rcbo, 16a socket outlet, internal metering and a mounting plate/bracket?
Avoid emailing CPES else they will hound you forever more. Try their website or ring them?

Reply to Distribution at a Caravan Park in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net