Discuss Domestic Bonding test results has o.oo resistance on a 4mm cable do i still upgrade! in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Re: Domestic Bonding test results has o.oo resistance on a 4mm cable do i still upgra

has he got it set to IR range?

Re: Domestic Bonding test results has o.oo resistance on a 4mm cable do i still upgra

My thoughts also, a low range Ohmmeter would sureky give some other reading that 0.00 Ohms
Pete999

- - - Updated - - -

Surely even
Pete999

The main protective bonding sizes are quite clear in the Regs.
However, GN8 goes into detail how a smaller sized MPB can be re-used (not newly fitted) if certain conditions are met.
This has to be recorded in 'Departures from 7671' and 'Comments on existing Installation'.
Being as the minimum size of MPB has been 6mm for a long time (10mm has been typical for what, 18 years?), I wouldn't consider 4mm to be adequate, so would definitely upgrade it.
If it was already 6mm, then I may re-use it in limited circumstances, if, the Guidance Notes are adhered to.

hey...bs7671 states 10mm for main bonding, tnc/tncs, stick with the regs to be safe

hey...bs7671 states 10mm for main bonding, tnc/tncs, stick with the regs to be safe

Really, what about the bit that has 6mm as the minimum size main bond for supplies other than TNCS?

Don't be a sheep and just follow all the other sheep, read the books and use your brains ability for independant thought!

I expect he is using his megger range on his meter not ohms:wink5:

Reply to Domestic Bonding test results has o.oo resistance on a 4mm cable do i still upgrade! in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net