Discuss Electrician will not give me the form DCN5 after he re wired my mobile home HELP in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

that is it no other pages were given to me. I did though before giving him the money, asked if this was all i needed to give a sprofe of re wire (after I had talked to the council who told me I needed a check certificate (what ever that is) I told him that I had talked to someone who stated that on the certificate his test certificate number of registration should be on the paperwork, he said no and was quite upset that I had doubted him, he reminded me that he was fully qualified and that his work did not need to be checked because of his statues as an electrician. he actually baffled me with this, so I beleived him and passed over the money.

you should have a third page which is basically a table that takes up the full sheet where the electrician has written in the boxes different numbers and letters. if you dont have that then it explainas why it is incomplete then the best bet is unfortunatley pay more money and get an electrician out to do a periodic inspection report

I guessed what had happened in post 13, page 3 is the test results page without which, your 'certificate' is not valid.

Your only real option as has already been mentioned is to pay a competent electrician to carry out a periodic inspection on the installation.

I know it's too late now but if you're already involved in a court case 'involving your electrics' what made you use Gumtree as a source for an electrician?

I have been told by southern electric contracting (who do the electrics on the park where I live, that I need to get a DCN5, is that what you are stating above and is called a periodic inspection report, if it is not, will this report be good enough if I get it

I have been told by southern electric contracting (who do the electrics on the park where I live, that I need to get a DCN5, is that what you are stating above and is called a periodic inspection report, if it is not, will this report be good enough if I get it

Under normal circumstances you would produce a DCN 5 but that can only be produced by the installer.

For re-connection of supplies for whatever reason, electricity suppliers will accept a periodic inspection report with a 'satisfactory' assessment.

The reason I used Gumtree is that I have never had problems before when I needed a builder or such like, I did not think that this would have happened to me. I am a women on my own with children and no one to actually discuss things with before hand

The reason I used Gumtree is that I have never had problems before when I needed a builder or such like, I did not think that this would have happened to me. I am a women on my own with children and no one to actually discuss things with before hand

Considering the advise you have had off the forum members

It is sad that you found this place when problems arose instead of when the work was required and then finding gumtree instead
You may have found the same level of advise you are given with finding a suitable electrician to have done the job

Gumtree 1 Electricians 0

I know nothing Mr Fawlty............
If this was a bona fide company that had gone bust, then I,m pretty sure the NICEIC would sort this out and send an approved contractor to issue a PIR for the job.

It don't seem to sit right that the electrician is now in Spain and the company as gone bust ...........strange Unliess it's
Mayfair moonlighting

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Electrician will not give me the form DCN5 after he re wired my mobile home HELP in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net