Discuss engineer code for a sl compact panel in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

gaz76

-
Reaction score
Hi lads, (and lasses?)

I'm having a bit of a mare with an alarm panel, the customer does not know the code as the alarm was in when she bought the place, is there an engineer code anyone can pm me so i can reset the panel? its an 8 zone sl compact panel.

cheers

when i switch the breaker on that feeds the spur, it goes into alarm, i have no code to turn it off, thought if i had an engineer code i could reset it and stick in a new code??

not really as you will still have to reprog the new one,crashing(defaulting it) would give you same as a new one..
does it sound outside when you kill the power.

not really as you will still have to reprog the new one,crashing(defaulting it) would give you same as a new one..
does it sound outside when you kill the power.

when the mains is of the outside box is silent, but when the battery is disconnected from the panel the outside box makes a beeping sound

if it beeps rather than rings like it should,id say sounder battery is faulty,it should sound like it would if the alarm activates,probably need a new sounder

Gaz Here how it works
The alarm panel is fed from the mains and doubles up as a battery charger the outside sounder also has a rechargeable battery fitted. So if you loose the power the panel battery maintains
the battery inside the external sounder. Now if you remove the power from the panel and the battery is past its shelve life ie more than 5 years old then the panel will be dead and the outside sounder will activate independantly and will run until either the battery runs down or if it is a new unit then it may have a watchdog timer and if so it will switch off the sounder after 15-20 minutes. If this happens what can you do ? well nothing is the answer You can get an ladder out to disconnect the sounder but by the time you do so it wil go off. As for secret engineers codes forget it the structure is the panel is dead and there is no code to silence the sounder. If you apply the mains back on to the panel it will not silence until you enter the customers code. To get into the engineers section of the panel it needs to be in a normal or day mode ie power on customer code to silence and even then the engineers code that comes with the panel is only active if the guy or company installing the alarm does not change it. Powering down the panel will not "crash" the unit back to factory conditions as it has a NVM chip fitted (non volitile memory) This is why you need to ensure before you isolate the electrics the customer knows their code and as alarm man has said previously he/she needs to be there to put it in if required.

Forgot to add and this is for any posters on the forum some alarm panels are badged with 4-5 names so get your phone out and take a picture of the panel as this would be a great help when putting a question on the form (this needs to go on sticky )

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to engineer code for a sl compact panel in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net