Discuss Export Meters in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

rob11

I am trying to get an HH export meter installed for a 50kwp array. One of the questions i need to answer is "is the supply CT or WC?"
My installers are meant to be answering this but they are being a bit slow, and i was hoping to answer it myself to get the ball rolling.
Is there a way to tell by looking at the incoming supply or supply meter or something like this?

Its a 3phase supply, 3x 100amp fuse's

I have been told i can ask the suppliers but the thought of spend time on the phone to big national supplyer does not fill me with excitment.

Any help or veiws greatfully received
Rob

WC means Whole Current and CT means Current Transformer.

They are different methods of metering. An electrician should be able to tell what kind of a set up you have.

100A per phase means it is probably direct-connect rather than using CTs. However, that's not a definite so, as SolarCity stated, best to get an electrician to check. Alternatively, if you can get access to the existing meter then take a note of the full model number and the number of wires going in and out of it and that might help us to identify what it is likely to be.

The import mete is Iskra mt171 (D2a52-v12ko)
AC -3ph 4 wire
3 lives going into meter from dno fuses
1black into meter from dno side.
3 reds coming out and 1 grey going to rdl.

Also one small black wire going to old style clock type meter which then goes to dno fuses.
( I think this meter is ok for export meter but mpan numbers says its not)
Hopefully that helps I'd the current type.
Rob

Ok, from the model number it looks like it is already capable of measuring bi-directional energy so should be ok for using as an export meter. It also looks like it is set up for 120A/phase on the connection blocks so my guess is that it is a direct-connect type. Can't see any reason for it having to be changed unless the DNO is insistent....but I'd argue that it is already capable of measuring import and export.

If you want, you can download a spec sheet from the specific product page on our website here Iskra MT171 3ph Meter - Sibert - automated equipment manufacturer and supplier of process consumables

The meter has to be half hourly. Not sure if the iskra is hh. The company buying the export says the mpan numbers says its not hh.
So i guess it got install another meter. ::(
So back to the topic- can you determined of the supply is cp or wc?
Am I right in thinking that one of these types requires the power to turned off?

No, you're right actually, not suitable for half-hourly billing. As I said, my guess is that it's a direct-connect (WC/whole-current) version but, again, always best to get a visual check by a qualified electrician.

Reply to Export Meters in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net