Discuss FCU Spured to outside Lighting in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Can I ask a question and make sure I’m not missing something….

Have had outside decking lights in my garden put in by an electrician, using a FCU as the switch for them spured off an existing single gang socket.
Fused a few times over winter, Likley due to water or moisture in the lights or the junction box’s…

Revisited them as the weathers warmed up and now switch does nothing…LED on indicator doesn’t work… I tested it and was showing a reading on natural and earth….
Switched the switch out for a new one and now the light comes on but nothing to the lights.

Pic attached of wiring of socket and have been all over the lights but it’s NO longer tripping the RCD board and just acting like it’s on but no lights…..

Thoughts please and check my wiring diagram please

Ty

Attachments

• IMG_3997.jpeg
    109.6 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_4002.jpeg
    399.1 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_3998.jpeg
    182.7 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_4178.jpeg
    569.2 KB · Views: 66
Can you clarify whether your pictures show the old FCU or the new one.
If the new one then it's damaged and should be replaced.
Also be aware that some FCU's differ in where the supply and load terminals are - they aren't all like the one pictured.
Where is the LED indicator that you speak of?

Can you clarify whether your pictures show the old FCU or the new one.
If the new one then it's damaged and should be replaced.
Also be aware that some FCU's differ in where the supply and load terminals are - they aren't all like the one pictured.
Where is the LED indicator that you speak of?
That was the old one this is the new one, wired same way as before

Attachments

• IMG_7239.jpeg
    370.3 KB · Views: 3

Reply to FCU Spured to outside Lighting in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net