Discuss Forum sponsor - test-meter.co.uk in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D Skelton

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just a quick review of their services:

I ordered a 50m Megger wandering lead to replace my broken 30m one from test-meter.co.uk. I checked other online prices before ordering and found that it was sold at it's cheapest from another supplier for about £5 less than test-meter. When I phoned test-meter they were more than happy to price match, in fact they even beat the cheapest price elsewhere by a few pennies!

Really good service, very polite, very helpful and a speedy delivery! I ordered Tuesday afternoon and received my delivery this morning.

Overall, I am very impressed with their service and would highly recommend to others! :)

Have to agree with the super service and prices from test meter as I have bought a few bits from them. Plus the extra 5% discount for forum members is always an added bonus.

Can you imagine working for a company that has a little over 635 employees, but has the following employees statistics: 29 have been accused of spouse abuse, 7 have been arrested for fraud. 9 have been accused of writing bad cheques, 17 have directly or indirectly bankrupted two or more companies and 3 have done time for assault. 71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit, whilst 14 have been arrested on drug related charges. 8 have been arrested for shoplifting and 21 are current defenders in lawsuits. 84 have been arrested for drink driving within the last year and all collectively, last year alone, have cost the British tax payer nearly £93m in expenses. Which organisation is this? You guessed it, the House of Commons. (these are stats taken from another internet site....). Charge them double Mr. Skelton!

Can you imagine working for a company that has a little over 635 employees, but has the following employees statistics: 29 have been accused of spouse abuse, 7 have been arrested for fraud. 9 have been accused of writing bad cheques, 17 have directly or indirectly bankrupted two or more companies and 3 have done time for assault. 71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit, whilst 14 have been arrested on drug related charges. 8 have been arrested for shoplifting and 21 are current defenders in lawsuits. 84 have been arrested for drink driving within the last year and all collectively, last year alone, have cost the British tax payer nearly £93m in expenses. Which organisation is this? You guessed it, the House of Commons. (these are stats taken from another internet site....). Charge them double Mr. Skelton!

Aye .. charge them double then add 10% to donate to Geordie's MR2 3 litre V6 engine rebuild fund.

I'm determined to have it on the road this year - even if I'm not well enough to drive it!!

Same here, very recently ordered a Kane gas analyser, good prices and cracking delivery, loved being able to see his van making its way to the house on internet. Crackin and yes the forum discount was welcome. cheers

I have also had exceptional service from test meter, and have a few bits to order soon from them, one being a multi meter as haven't got one, I want the Fluke 117, but they are charging about £30 - £40 more than test4less so will see what they can do!

Test Meter are in my local area and most of my test equipment is from them (need my MFT calibrating btw), always received great service with a personal touch. They are the best company to deal with (still need my MFT calibrating). Good prices and a no nonsense approach (MFT, cough cough).

I did a small job once and found myself with a full kit of Kewtech LightMate's (I dont know how that happened cough cough lol). The bosses daughter is a very nice young woman as well (digging a hole for myself saying that but she is really nice --- :wink: ).

All joking aside Test Meter are a good firm, they know what they are on about and will bend over backwards to help you out. Each member of staff that I have delt with are human and not some form of robotic employee with corporate pre-set answers or BS "company talk". A bit like us lot, they set themselves up starting with nothing and on their hard work and customer services they are now a big player within the industry.

Mr. J, did I mention that I need my MFT calibrating??? See you soon lol. Happy New Year lads :wink:

I have also had exceptional service from test meter, and have a few bits to order soon from them, one being a multi meter as haven't got one, I want the Fluke 117, but they are charging about £30 - £40 more than test4less so will see what they can do!

Good morning, please can you PM details of the Fluke multimeter that you are looking at and I'll see what we can do for you.

@ Test Meter. PM received and thank you for your great offer which I will be taking you up on.

ps, I wont mention the bosses daughter again lol. :wink:

Just a quick review of their services:

I ordered a 50m Megger wandering lead to replace my broken 30m one from test-meter.co.uk. I checked other online prices before ordering and found that it was sold at it's cheapest from another supplier for about £5 less than test-meter. When I phoned test-meter they were more than happy to price match, in fact they even beat the cheapest price elsewhere by a few pennies!

Really good service, very polite, very helpful and a speedy delivery! I ordered Tuesday afternoon and received my delivery this morning.

Overall, I am very impressed with their service and would highly recommend to others! :)
stop scrattin around for PR freebies Damian...lol..

interestingly enough regarding the subject of wander leads..

how many (after testing with it at the furthest point it will reach from the MET/dis-board earth)...then null out the value...and procede to use the last point measured as the reference point to move on?..

i do it all the time on bigger places....

interestingly enough regarding the subject of wander leads..

how many (after testing with it at the furthest point it will reach from the MET/dis-board earth)...then null out the value...and procede to use the last point measured as the reference point to move on?..

i do it all the time on bigger places....

Every time I wind it in or reel it out I null.

yes but what i meant was using the last measured point as the reference to then move on....

this is why i carry 2 breakout boxes...

Ah yes I see what you're getting at! Erm, no, I haven't, between us we have 100m worth of wandering lead which has always been long enough on the occasion one of us has come across a circuit longer than 50m in a straight line. We've done a number of massive installations (size wise) but from memory all final circuits were fed locally from sub DBs anyway so I don't recall ever having to do anything flamboyant with the leads. Nothing to stop you doing what you've described though! :)

Ah yes I see what you're getting at! Erm, no, I haven't, between us we have 100m worth of wandering lead which has always been long enough on the occasion one of us has come across a circuit longer than 50m in a straight line. We've done a number of massive installations (size wise) but from memory all final circuits were fed locally from sub DBs anyway so I don't recall ever having to do anything flamboyant with the leads. Nothing to stop you doing what you've described though! :)
well just recenty Damian i was conducting ECRs at care homes....so far i have done 3 of them...in different parts of west yorks...

its thermal magnetics in the main panel...then squareD S-line sub boards throughout with QO-E breakers...

and theres a lot of corridors etc ..my wander lead is 30 meters...i made it myself out of an old telephone reel with some 1.5mm tri-rated G/Y and a 4mm multi-lam plug at one end..4mm chassis socket on the reel...

needs to be longer really...but as that was what i had to work with then i just use the method i have described above....

in fact dont kewtech describe the same method using that pat thingy they sell...where you can turn your low resistance ohmmeter into a makeshift pat tester?...

Thanks again Test-Meter. I ordered my Kyoritsu multimeter on the 14th and got it yesterday on the 17th.

They don't stock the item but they sourced it and supplied it to me cheaper than anywhere else on the web!

Top job :)

Which tester was it Damian? Id be interested to know your opinions about it after you've used it. I have several Kyoritsu testers and they're a brand I like a lot.

Reply to Forum sponsor - test-meter.co.uk in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net