Discuss Fused spurs in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Kev67

-
Reaction score
Hi all.

Can anyone give me advise on fused spurs? I would like to know if it is ok to wire a FCU adjacent to a ring socket. Then run 2.5 t&e to say 5 double sockts and then add another FCU with a 3 amp fuse to run a 6ft fluresent fitting?Is this classed as a spur off a spur as i am aware that is not allowed.

Cheers

Are you an electrician, if so, what is your current level of qualification?

Your answer to this will help steer replies in the right direction.

Are you an electrician, if so, what is your current level of qualification?

Your answer to this will help steer replies in the right direction.
I didn't ask the question to be answered with another question thats got nothing to do with what im asking!

Last edited by a moderator:
Heres another question then do you have a copy of the OSG? the answer to your question is in there if you bother to look

I didn't ask the question to be answered with another question thats got nothing to do with what im asking!

I have edited your response to Mr. Skelton as I feel his question to you in regards to the op is justified.

Kev why the defensive stance?
D Skelton asked a perfectly reasonable question, How are we to know the level of your competence without first knowing if you are a practicing Electrician or a diyer looking to do a job in your own home.

ok hawke your right never read question properly even so why not extend the ring[/QUOTE]
...You just cannot go around,extending peoples rings....there's a word that deals with this...ah,"consent",that's it...
Otherwise,you may be accused of being a DJ,or worse,a politician...:icon12:

ok hawke your right never read question properly even so why not extend the ring[/QUOTE]
...You just cannot go around,extending peoples rings....there's a word that deals with this...ah,"consent",that's it...
Otherwise,you may be accused of being a DJ,or worse,a politician...:icon12:

I think you are stretching things a bit too far there.:smile5::dunce2:

Last edited:
if it's kev kitchen fitter, he'll just bodge on regardless. then forget where he's run the cables and drill into them.

I did a lighting rewire in a house , and the lady was having a kitchen fitted at the same time , the kitchen bodger thought it was a good idea to spur from an existing socket that was already a spur from the ring with 4 more T&E cables and was then going to tile over it after wards , this was in 2004 and he was complaining about the part Pee coming in to force in 2005....

Reply to Fused spurs in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net