Discuss Help adding more wall sockets in bedroom in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

They are in use and you not understanding this indicates that you should seek professional advice.

• Agree
Reactions: DPG
They are in use and you not understanding this indicates that you should seek professional advice.
no worries man, thanks for your help i'll def get it checked out just dont understand how theyre in use if theyre taped up.. i get they carry electricity but their use isnt being harnessed is what im saying? just kinda wanna understand it for myself aha

no worries man, thanks for your help i'll def get it checked out just dont understand how theyre in use if theyre taped up.. i get they carry electricity but their use isnt being harnessed is what im saying? just kinda wanna understand it for myself aha
Wires from those connectors are connected to the socket.

but say for example the trunking 25mm twin earth ... only the earth is plugged into the socket and the neutral and live are just taped ?

Yes but the taped connector is terminated at the socket by a wire, it is live.

Yes but the taped connector is terminated at the socket by a wire, it is live.
think i'll just get an electrician mate , any idea how much you think it'd be for someone to come and do this ? seeing as i have all the parts already is it fairly cheap or? like ballpark figure?

think i'll just get an electrician mate , any idea how much you think it'd be for someone to come and do this ? seeing as i have all the parts already is it fairly cheap or? like ballpark figure?
Shouldn't cost much depending on a few things that need checking before work starts. You should really be leaving this for now and not encouraging anyone to come to your home to do work though. This is not an essential task so the journey would not be essential.

Depending on what you will be using the sockets for an extension lead may suffice for now.

Shouldn't cost much depending on a few things that need checking before work starts. You should really be leaving this for now and not encouraging anyone to come to your home to do work though. This is not an essential task so the journey would not be essential.

Depending on what you will be using the sockets for an extension lead may suffice for now.
oh yeah for sure.... this can wait! Got some really great and well needed advice off here though, thanks guys!

Reply to Help adding more wall sockets in bedroom in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net