Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Immersion heater circuit in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Y

YTSOxford

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Just wanting to check and get advice on immersion heaters. I have wired up them before but on the job that i'm on, the house is needing 2 3kw heaters for 2 cylinders. The consumer unit is less than 10m way from the airing cupboard, so would a radial circuit with 4mm cable and a 32mcb be okay?? Or do the heaters have to be on seperate circuits?? cheers.

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
S

sparkyork

personally id run 2 seperate feeds, cos if one of them has a problem then your gonna loose both imm htrs.

J

Jurassic Spark

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Also having two circuits means you can put one on a timer for automatic use and use the other as a boost.

E

EasyFox

Also isn't there something about a heating vessel containing xxx ltrs requires it's own circuit? haven't got the good book to hand so cant check.

Shakey one for you there mate :D

Personaly I'd go down the 2 circuit route.

L

linzilou72

Also isn't there something about a heating vessel containing xxx ltrs requires it's own circuit?

Isn't it 15 litres or above requires its own circuit, I also think they should be seperate in case of a fault

Reply to Immersion heater circuit in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom