Discuss Is there anything I can do with a dual switch for a former ceiling fan? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

zewe0010

DIY
Reaction score
Greetings! I am seeking the advice from a more experienced electrician. I have removed a ceiling fan from my living room that had a separate on/off switch for the fan and the light. It has been changed to a regular flush mount light (i.e. one black, one white, and ground wire). Is there anything I can do with the old second switch (red wire) such as run power for a nearby recessed light, or is something like this not possible?

Thanks in advance!

Greetings! I am seeking the advice from a more experienced electrician. I have removed a ceiling fan from my living room that had a separate on/off switch for the fan and the light. It has been changed to a regular flush mount light (i.e. one black, one white, and ground wire). Is there anything I can do with the old second switch (red wire) such as run power for a nearby recessed light, or is something like this not possible?

Thanks in advance!
Zewe yes but it would still be a switch. You would still have to pull a 14/2 with ground romex from the existing light to the new light fixture and if you had an accessible attic. My advice to you is hire a licensed electrician and good luck

Reply to Is there anything I can do with a dual switch for a former ceiling fan? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

L
WIRING FOR WALL SMART SWITCH FOR CEILING FAN/LIGHT Just bought a smart wall switch for a ceiling fan/light currently connected to a single switch...
Replies
Views
littletwinn
L
I am installing a ceiling fan in a newly built home. The builders have left the wiring for this purpose. In the electrical box on the ceiling I...
Replies
Views
Looking for counsel / guidance to replace an original Dayton On/off with speed control switch. I’ve checked with a couple local electrical supply...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am installing a new bathroom fan. We had an electrician who ran 14/3 into a junction box. The black feeds a led light and the red was...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm looking for some advice for adding a time delay on my parent's shower room fan. My parents had a section of their garage converted into a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock