Discuss Is this the worst install you have ever seen? *Feedback wanted!* in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Worrying to see more of the competitions work (ha ha) it seems to be something we see more and more of , like many others I see jobs on a par with this occassionally and although I've not reported anyone yet I usually tell the customer to do so ,I don't understand why there is a reluctance to report shoddy workmanship as seen on other threads these people are literally taking work away from the decent tradesman apart from the fact that nothing seems to happen ,more pressure on the schemes is needed to get something done after all they claim to protect the customer .
A few years ago a Plumber /builder did some work for my mum and bodged all of it , ie dodgy/dangerous wiring ,boiler plumbing ,kitchen cupboards stuck up with nothing but silicone unbelievable but true! ,after some disagreements he refused any refunds and was reported to LABC and trading standards who started proceedings against him which resulted in a fine which did'nt even equal the amount it cost to put right.
I managed to catch up with him one day on a filling station forecourt in his newly named and sign written van and had a little chat with him about what he'd done at my mums house he denied it until I told him that there were photo's of the job with him in the background then he tried to fob me off with he was going through a sticky patch etc probably , anyway I told him that if I ever came across any of his wiring again I'd put his screwdrivers somewhere even a surgeon would have difficulty in removing them, and that I thought an apology was due to my mother
unbelievably He sent her a card and box of chocs and a discount card for any future work she might want him to do!
I'm sure he had a chuckle over this but he won't think that way after I next see him because it won't just be his screwdrivers he won't be able to find !

well things DO get done...occasionally that is......anyone remember the guy that got hauled through the courts for not carrying out an R1 R2 and Zs on the socket feeding a washing machine.....in this case the plumber that came after them died from the shock imposed by this outlet`s wrong polarity......just a shame it usually takes a fatality first before anything`s done....such as this and the MP incident....

well things DO get done...occasionally that is......anyone remember the guy that got hauled through the courts for not carrying out an R1 R2 and Zs on the socket feeding a washing machine.....in this case the plumber that came after them died from the shock imposed by this outlet`s wrong polarity......just a shame it usually takes a fatality first before anything`s done....such as this and the MP incident....

This is the real tragedy... It does take a death before anything gets done.
When I was in industry, we had a system called "near miss", which covered any incident which didn't result in any injury, but could have gone badly wrong, but for the grace of God. Anything reported in this category had to be dealt with immediately, just as if a tragedy had actually happened. Shame the councils and trading standards don't have a similar approach.

This is so incredibly dangerous (I think it's fair to assume, he may well have shorted out the safety switches in the junction box...!!!) ... that you need to report the idiot, before he really causes someone's house to burn down...!

I'm sure that if the poor MP who lost her Daughter was to see this, there would definitely be something done about this guy.

I would send these pictures to that MP and ask him what he thinks of the Part P which is currently in force. Perhaps getting him onside would be good for your case. Not that you should need it.

That "workmanship" (if you can call it that) is absolutely disgusting!

I would send these pictures to that MP and ask him what he thinks of the Part P which is currently in force. Perhaps getting him onside would be good for your case. Not that you should need it.

That "workmanship" (if you can call it that) is absolutely disgusting!

I believe it was a Lady MP who lost her daughter, and I'm sure that if she saw this, she would be disgusted.

He's putting your cousin's life in danger with this kind of electrical work, When it rains, current pass everywhere (metal fence, wood, lighting fixture), cause water is a good conductor of electricity. All wiring connection must be covered tightly wrapped with an electrical tape, and wire must be put inside a metal or pvc pipe running throughout in an open environment.

You shouldn't be recommending this as a way of making the installation safe nerj, as it also contravenes the electrical regs, as well as being dangerous.

He's putting your cousin's life in danger with this kind of electrical work, When it rains, current pass everywhere (metal fence, wood, lighting fixture), cause water is a good conductor of electricity. All wiring connection must be covered tightly wrapped with an electrical tape, and wire must be put inside a metal or pvc pipe running throughout in an open environment.
That might be ok where you're from mate but in the UK it isn't

You shouldn't be recommending this as a way of making the installation safe nerj, as it also contravenes the electrical regs, as well as being dangerous.

I've reported the post. If enough members do the same, maybe we can influence the mods to chuck this sort of poster off. There've been several like this recently.

I've reported the post. If enough members do the same, maybe we can influence the mods to chuck this sort of poster off. There've been several like this recently.
I'm cutting him a bit of slack because he's from the Phillipines and they rpobably do things a lot differently there. A UK poster coming out with this would be reported instantly

Reply to Is this the worst install you have ever seen? *Feedback wanted!* in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net