Discuss Just Priced a canny Job in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

DurhamSparky

Just priced a Job up which will take me 2 days!!

considering that my charity pricing scheme has gone out the window after my last few jobs im getting serious now and want to make some money!

Garage Conversion!!!

Install 4 way CU with Lights, Sockets and Shower Radials (all RCBO)
move socket in hall way to make way for a door
install henley block and split tails with dp isolator for new installation
replace gas/water bond from 6mm - 10mm

test and inspect!!!

£1k what you reckon!!???

also potentially also get a full periodic for existing house and to possibly upgrade the system!!! couple of Wylex MCB push ins will do !! :)

also while i was there is it common to come accross 3 phase supply in domestic propertys?? this one had 3 phase and N supply but was only utilising 1 phase!! ????

steve

£1K is not excessive for the installation , but I have not seen 3Ph service heads in domestic property's very often , I can only recall 2 , 1 in property's that had been conveted from commercial outlet and the other was a large house that had at one point had a lot of storage heaters installed .

I must be cheap then!!!
Just finished job 18 doubles, 8 light fittings, new radials for hob & oven, smoke alarm,extractor,14 way CU and upgrade main bonding........£1200.

come accross loads of 3 phase service heads in domestic properties but usually only wired in single phase, at a guess i would say they had a shortage of single phase heads.

On a new build job I did about 10 years ago we had to have 3 phase installed as the client arrived with a new piece of equipment nearly everyday the straw the that broke the camels back was the 14Kw steam room as the single phase supply already installed was being pushed beyond it's rating. The incoming cable that ran across a field was quite warm to touch

A lot of the bigger houses I've worked on all have 3 phase installed as single phase max's out at 100A and swimming pool's ,saunas, hot tubs etc can be power hungry

yeah my thoughts were the depot ran out of single phase equipment lol.

house is pretty small thought! oh well another one to add to book of life

steve

The rewire Grannysmith and I just did was 3 phase.

It is a 3 bed Victorian terrace.

1 phase supplied 2 CUs for the standard house electrics, 1 phase supplied the storage heaters and the final phase pocked through the cellar wall to supply next door.

If your neighbour upsets you just pull their main fuse!!!!!!!

Any how got EDF out as the head etc fell off the arc and they are putting in dedicated 100a single phase supplies for me.

DS that sounds very slightly expensive, how have you arrived at this figure?

CBW

i arrived at it as i need to make some cash flow up!! plus im paying Andart from the forum 100 smackers to come give me a hand (what he don't know is he doing all the work) hahaha, only kidding Andy!

i initially had budget for every thing including the shower! but the plumber apparently supplying the shower and the customer still happy to pay 1k!! (not her money its her mams and the conversion is for her mam!) no questions no lies!!! im throwing some nice spots in as well to make it look nice £30 worth :D:D

also its about 16 miles away and i will need to make 3 journeys to the site so fuel included!

my new pricing structure is this

cost of materials +20% then multiply it by 2.5/3 (depending on what i can get away with) obviously if i have huge surplus i will refund customer and make it look good!!

300+20% x 3 = £1080

p.s andy only working the one day !! im not a slave driver

Last edited by a moderator:
Was going to answer your original post and now you have come up with some weird way of pricing.

Ok with materials plus 20%.

It the next bit a cant get. :confused:

I'm baffled by that pricing system

How do you price a job with a small amount of material, the price for a couple of extra sockets wouldn't cover the cost of doing the job based on that system

Makes me wonder what the previous
charity pricing scheme
was !!

Reply to Just Priced a canny Job in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net