Search for tools and product advice,

Discuss Latest DECC PV prices research in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

TedM

Just published at Feed-in Tariffs - Department of Energy and Climate Change under Solar PV Costs Update

It seems pretty certain that DECC will have used these figures in setting the post April tariffs. They have a prices of:

one-off domestics
2kW £6,584
3kW £7,949
4kW £10,170

roof-renter
4kW £6,600

Given these prices I would be really surprised if the proposed aggregator reduced tariff of 80% stays that high.

I'm not sure using those figures how they arrived at 21p for a 10year payback! Your pushing it even on a south facing unshaded installation on the south coast.

What they fail to take into account is that it was their own (unlawful) actions which have led to prices lowering to these levels. They have artificially manipulated the market, and now will use this to justify more misery!

Yep, that should kills us all off!

Italy installed in 2011 9,000mw, Germany 7,000mg and the UK with DECC saying we had an unsustainable explosion (wait for it) a whopping 700mw!!!!
A pretty poor show for us in a starter up market.

Better kill us off so that the big energy companies can stay happy. They will not allow there monopoly to go without a fight. IMHO

I don't know how much DECC paid for that research, but those averages are based on sample sets of only about 10 quotes at max (some based on just one quote), so are statistically dubious. Some customers would get more quotes than that just to put solar on their roof, so you'd expect better as a basis for making decisions about the entire countries solar industry.

Indeed I could have got a broader range of statistics just using CompareMySolar - Compare solar panel prices and installers in the UK

But to add insult to injury, some of the averages include "anecdotal" information from DECC!

Does the report give details about how the compiled the information ? Did they get an average from customers who had pv installed or did they get quotes for the system sizes. As you all must agree I can quote for 20 200kwp panels but most roofs can't fit 20 panels hence why in reality it costs more. I guess the academics dont think outside the box !

Reply to Latest DECC PV prices research in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net