Discuss MCS FIt consultation web page in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

toomanylogins

Hello,
Paul from completepicture here. This is the link to the website for responding to the changes in the feed in tariff announced last week. We are only going to get progress on this if as many people as possible respond using the consultation process.

https://econsultation.decc.gov.uk/o...y-deployment-ored/comprehensive-review-part-1

At the bottom of the page is a link to the Microsoft Word document and I suggest everybody has a read of this. I think they make the case for reducing the FIT well and it's difficult to argue against it other than request more time before implemenatation.

In my opinion the serious issue is in section 3 of the document where they describe the linking of the FIT to energy efficiency improvements to get to EPC level C. They state that 86% of all dwellings will need some improvement with an average cost of £5K for improvements before you include the cost of the PV install. These are very serious figures and will make a big difference to the take-up of the FIT.

I would suggest we concentrate on getting section 3 removed or only applicable to installations over 4kw.

Could you make this a sticky in the forum for a few weeks ?

Regards
Paul

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree this is the major thing that needs tackling.
unless we knock down every house built before 1980 the goverment is saying if you live in an older less efficient home you are going to be effectively excluded from trying to improve your carbon balance.
this is like going back to the old grant system where the value of the grant was more than used up by the other measures you had to make, and we all know how successful that was, I mean before April 2010 the country was covered with PV systems wasn't it!!!

just completed the survey

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,
Paul from completepicture here. This is the link to the website for responding to the changes in the feed in tariff announced last week. We are only going to get progress on this if as many people as possible respond using the consultation process.

https://econsultation.decc.gov.uk/o...y-deployment-ored/comprehensive-review-part-1

At the bottom of the page is a link to the Microsoft Word document and I suggest everybody has a read of this. I think they make the case for reducing the FIT well and it's difficult to argue against it other than request more time before implemenatation.

In my opinion the serious issue is in section 3 of the document where they describe the linking of the FIT to energy efficiency improvements to get to EPC level C. They state that 86% of all dwellings will need some improvement with an average cost of £5K for improvements before you include the cost of the PV install. These are very serious figures and will make a big difference to the take-up of the FIT.

I would suggest we concentrate on getting section 3 removed or only applicable to installations over 4kw.

Could you make this a sticky in the forum for a few weeks ?

Regards
Paul

As I said 8 hours ago - couldn't agree more. They will NOT change the FIT amount.

Guys,

Been thinking over the last couple of days of what is the biggest draw back of the proposed new FIT conditions with a view to being able to constructively highlight the key errors in "Barking's" recommendations.

If most people put the "new" Energy Certification recommendation at the top of their list followed by the December 12th recommended date as being ridiculous and it should be at least April 2012 and this message was consistently portrayed as the key areas that are drastically incorrect then it may put a little more pressure on HMG to amend these considerations as a "give and take" solution when the proposals are finalised.

The reason I think these 2 are of top priority are that as 84% of all housing is below Level C standard at the current time upgrading to Level C will effectively add say an average of £5000 to the future cost of installing domestic Solar PV and make it too expensive for your average Joe Bloggs to continue with. You can imagine the convos can't you......"Well Mrs Smith, the Solar will cost you £10,000 but first of all you need to spend £5000 before we are allowed to do it"......"Errrrmmm.....Oh Dear.....I have about £10000 and the extra will put it out of my savings range and also massively reduce my rate of return long term so perhaps I won't bother at the moment....Thank You......".... Not only have you spent more time on providing the details for her but you are much less likely to get an order at the end of it !

The key reason i think the date should be the second major point on all lists on consultation is the fact that it allows the industry to plan slightly better for the anticipated reduction in Solar PV implementation over the coming years and will allow you all as businesses to reflect on reduced Solar workloads from April 2012 and plan any other opportunities you may have to remain in business and go forward.

If everyone put these 2 things at the top of their consultation lists in a sensible and not too alarmist manner (bite your tongues when typing) then I think there may yet some common sense prevail when the finalised recommendations are made after the 23rd December.

Of course it's easy for me as a customer to sit idly by and think I know it all when I'm not professionally involved in all your current horrific issues that you are suddenly having to face each day and I've never been one for heights anyway but that doesn't mean I don't care or shouldn't say my piece even though I have little doubt some of you may think I'm sitting on my horse lecturing you.....sorry if you feel that way....just trying to help.....

I sincerely hope that the recommendations do NOT go through unamended or I fear for your businesses.....i would urge all involved in the business to consider these 2 key points as the first 2 you raise in responding to the consultation process and if there is consistency on that then I think you may all yet have a chance to survive, refocus and continue. All the best to you in your struggles !

you also need to be fearing for the future energy production in this country (which has a rather poorly advertised energy production crisis at the moment) and, without wishing to sound like an eco warrior you should be fearing for the effect on our childrens world, and our scarce resources if we fail to start INVESTING (and thats the key here) in renewable energy

Reply to MCS FIt consultation web page in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net