Discuss notify jobs for part p assessment? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sima24

Hi, im going to show my own cu change for my elecsa assessment (same one that was cancelled a few weeks back). I have not notified building control as im thinking once im registered i will just sign it off myself. Is the elecsa assessment guy going to want to see some proof that it has been notified to building control??
Did make me laugh, i phoned building control to ask them how to notify, he asked for my quals then said download a form, send 85quid payment then email us your test results once done... what are we paying them for????

Hi
I did the same as you, technically you should notify building control but it was not an issue on the assessment. Make sure all your tests are correct and the forms completed properly.
HTH
Ben

Cheers guys, thats put my mind at rest. Really didnt want to spend another 85 quid on top of everything i have to pay elecsa

dont give building control a penny mate thats what your new scammers will be for, as others say just test it and cert it, keep copies and cover your rear...

good luck with your assessment ask questions as there great guys. you will feel better as you wave him goodbye after..

I notified BC that I was commencing a CU change for an assessment. They kindly relieved me of £261, but did send someone round to re-test my install.

Cheers, yeh iv heard good things about the elecsa guys so looking forward to it, going to retest today just to make sure off all certs iv written out.
Wow £261!! Wish i could charge that for a test

I know. Doubt the spark got all of that £261. It was great though. I learnt a lot. Even the spark questioned why I had to pay the fee to BC

Reply to notify jobs for part p assessment? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net